Michal K
msg tools
Hello

---------------------------------------------------------------------
An Expedition Compromised:
When this card enters play. place a Mystery token on Lake Camp and City of the Elder Things.

After an investigator resolves a location encounter on Lake Camp or City of the Elder Things, he may spend 1 Clue to confront the agent of the elder things. If he spends the Clue, a Cultist Monster ambushes him! If he defeats it, place 1 Eldritch token on this card.

At the end of the Mythos Phase, if there are Eldritch tokens on this card equal to the number of Investigators, solve this Mystery.

Lake Camp location encounter (MoM 10)

Gedney is the only member of Professor Lake's party unaccounted for. If he's still alive he'll need medical attention. You may move to Frozen Waste to search for him. If you move, draw and resolve another Outpost Encounter.

Question: Does this encounter qualify for the Mystery as having "resolved a location Encounter on Lake Camp" ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it does. You should spend the clue and get ambushed by the cultist before drawing the Outpost encounter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Wilson
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
badge
There Can Be Only One! The Wrong One!
mbmbmbmbmb
As above - you must choose to confront the agent (the cultist) and defeat him to fulfil the "resolve" condition for the card then you may move and draw another encounter card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Smichi's question is "Do you have to be on Lake Camp or City of Elder Things in order to confront the agent? So, after resolving the Lake camp encounter, if you move to the Frozen Waste, can you still confront the agent?

I'm leaning towards yes, because you did "resolve a location encounter" -- there are no other restrictions put on it like, "resolve a location encounter, and then still be there afterwards."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam (Away/AFK)
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from Eldritch Horror to Eldritch Horror: Mountains of Madness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.