Perdition's Mouth: Abyssal Rift» Forums » General

Subject: Combat Damage Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charilaos Bacharis
msg tools
mb
Hello.

I tried the first scenario, and I noticed that usually a character will be able to do a single wound to an enemy per round.

I was wondering, as you go deeper, and HP of monster increase, and perhaps spawning rate as well, will not this overwhelm you?

Some abilities do enable to hit multiple times, but as defenses of monsters go up, you will be strapped of card to boost the extra attacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Vermeersch
Belgium
ghent
Select..
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The thing is, scenarios are generally balanced for higher spawn rates (spawn points are further away, giving you more time to prepare, for example).

Also, I believe that most other scenarios do not require you to kill every single enemy on the map (some do). You'll have to be creative and find other ways to deal with enemies (more area attacks, going around them, sneaking past them,...)

One important thing here is that it's absolutely vital that you pick the right team for the scenario. If you're playing a campaign, you're not committed to playing the same heroes every time, as it's assumed all heroes are there (that's what is suggested imo when you read the scenarios). Like, if you're playing with three heroes, Olazabal (Dwarf Support) and Tyra are not the greatest team, as Tyra does not want to be aided and Olazabal is all about the aiding. Maybe the mage (don't know her name atm) can be very useful in scenarios full of Acolytes and Boneworms as they only have 1 hp each (making her Torrent of Fire and Fireball Area of Effect attacks quite handy).

The game constantly forces you to find new ways of dealing with threats, that's why my mates and I have been playing it for about 7 hours straight last night .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jalmari Ruokojärvi
Finland
flag msg tools
... staring straight into your soul.
badge
Whoah! I didn't expect to see that! Shame on you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Robin's got the jist. The key to success in Perdition's Mouth is... pick the fights and when you decide to fight, fight dirty. It's entirely possible that the enemies overwhelm the heroes even on the very first level, but that's usually a sign that the players played in a manner that suits the enemies one way or another. Or in other words, the player's weren't picky or didn't fight dirty enough.

Also...

Sorcerious wrote:

... that's why my mates and I have been playing it for about 7 hours straight last night .

Nice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.