Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: Tetrarchia, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
I had not heard about it, but today I was at Role & Roll Station in Akihabara and I saw that their Maskmen boxes were deeper, the same depth as Deep Sea Adventure or TROLL (other Oink games).

I thought it was a new edition that contained an expansion or something, but opening the sample box the only difference I found is that they changed the pieces used to rank the wrestlers... Now instead of 6x1 wrestler pieces that are placed side by side, with a crescent shape, they include 6x5 (I think slightly smaller) pieces, with a small hole at the bottom that are supposed to be placed lying on the table above/below each other.

The picture in the rulebook showed an example: when the relative strength between two wrestlers is undefined, you create a second ranking side by side with more pieces... So instead of having one tree with several branches, you have several columns of strength side by side.

I don't know if I was clear! Anyway, I don't think it makes the game easier to explain/play, and it definitely makes the box bigger...

PS/ For example, the diagram on the left becomes the one on the right:

B(R( | G G
G( | B W
W( | R
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ives
Sweden
Stockholm
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked this version up last week. Apart from 5 tokens for mask there are now 60 cards(I believe the previous version had 48), 10 of each mask type.

Also the card count for the number of players has changed, I have only played 2 players so far and for 2 player you get 15 cards where as in the previous version this was 10. It would intersting to play both versions and see how they compare with having a lot more cards per mask and more cards in hand.

The extra mask tokens are smaller. The new rules explain that instead of branching using the tokens as brackets you are now to use the extra tokens to start new vertical rows.

I found that using the older method of using 1 mask per mask and using them as brackets was easier to keep track of the hierarchy in the round, but because of the cut out now being at the bottom the icons stack vertically which makes more sence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.