Subject: different board designs - i want the colourful one! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I Taylor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi

I've noticed in images that the board seems to come in at least a couple of designs. To me, the one that is brightly coloured, cartoon style looks much more appealing compared to one that is quite austere with dull greys and blues. Is there a way of knowing which board version I'll be buying?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure you want an earlier Milton Bradley version rather than the more recent Ravensburger edition. The boxes are dramatically different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Papenfuss
United States
Star
Idaho
flag msg tools
"Your results are back: it's negative"......um, is that a bad thing?
mbmbmbmbmb

This is the version I own; got it as a kid in the 80s. Beautiful color map as you describe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I Taylor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for your quick reply guys, helpful and much appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Yang
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
steckman wrote:
I'm pretty sure you want an earlier Milton Bradley version rather than the more recent Ravensburger edition. The boxes are dramatically different.

Actually, Ravensburger DID print a colourful map edition in the 80's and 90's just like the Milton Bradley edition. I have it and it's beautiful.

I think as long as you stay away from the all blue coloured box cover, you should be good. That's the modern black/grey version board which I don't like either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.