Subject: Event question: summation of X icon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Franz Derphausen
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am not Sure if I understood the aftershock mechanic correctly.
For example, Oceans Rust out (58) event occurs. As per D1 another event is revealed. It is Cryogenian Snowball (50). How exactly are the O2 symbols combined? The O2 symbols on 58 are separated by a dotted line. On 50 they are paired. How often will organisms be able to profit from heat Shields, i.e. how many O2 "attacks" do they suffer and with what severity?1, 1, 2? 3, 3? Or just one severity 4 O2 spike?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Ukrop
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All O2 symbols are summed together for a single O2 attack. In your case, the attack "strength" is 2+2=4.

As for paired symbols vs. separated by dotted line - I think it is just an unwanted inconsistency on the cards, nothing seems to suggest otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franz Derphausen
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My confusion stemmed from the wording in D5/D6 ...as soon as the first X event occurs... and those dotted lines, but now everything is clear, thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.