Subject: Tunnel movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
P B
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
Hey guys,

I am sorry if this already has been discussed, but I didnt find it in search.

I just played my first two games and I am still not sure, how to "count" your movement between tunnels.

E.g.: my mech stands next to a tunnel. Let's assume I already have my speed option activated. How do I count my movement?

A) Movement 1: Move from hex to tunnel; Movement 2: "Warp" to any other tunnel and stay on that tunnel hex -> finished my movement turn for that unit.

B) Movement 1: Move from hex to tunnel and warp immediatly to any other tunnel. Movement 2: Move (after warping) from that tunnel to any adjacent hex -> finished my movement turn for that unit.

I hope you guys understand what I mean. We played like A. But still not sure if that's right.

Thanks for your answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael nut
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We play that the hex and the tunnel are the same spot so two hexes with tunnels are considered adjacent and it's a single move to get between them.
If you're fast you could move onto the hex with the tunnel and then through or through the tunnel then onto another hex.
You don't have to move from the hex to the tunnel so Option B is actually correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Dean
Australia
Earlwood
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A is correct. Struck out as the question is worded oddly for me. My edit 2 is clear. The rest I leave for amusement value.

The "step" from tunnel to other tunnel is counted as 1 step. I believe the way the power is worded is along the lines of"treat tunnels as if they were adjacent spaces".

EDIT: I see two Aussies with opposing views...but I am pretty sure I am right ans they are wrong

Look forward to the third answer to break the tie

EDIT 2: It may be the question that is causing confusion.

A tunnel {or the mine buillding) is all part of a tile. So if I am on
Tile X, which has a tunnel symbol, and I want to move across the board to Tile Y, which also has a tunnel symbol...that is one movement point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael nut
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we're actually both in agreement but you may have missed the "already have the speed option" part of the OP...

Hexes with tunnels are considered one and the same, you don't have to move from the hex to the tunnel, if you're on the hex you're in the tunnel.

Edit: ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ferguson
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All hexes with Tunnels require no extra movement to active the tunnel ability. If you are on a hex with a tunnel it cost one movement to travel to any other Hex with a tunnel or your own mine. So it always costs 1 movement to move from a hex with a tunnel to another hex with a tunnel/mine.

If you start 1 hex away from a tunnel hex, and you want to move to another tunnel hex, it will cost 2 movement. 1 movement to get onto the tunnel hex, and another movement to transport to any other tunnel hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's (A)

Mech with speed adjacent to a tunnel uses 1 move to get to the adjacent tunnel space, then uses its 2nd move to "warp"to to other tunnel they desire to go to.

A move from one tunnel to another costs a move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luuk Van Aken
Canada
Lacombe
Alberta
flag msg tools
A is the correct way
You play as if the tunnel territories are 2 separate territories that are adjacent to each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P B
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
Okay cool, so we did it right
Thanks all for clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Brock

Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And for further clarification, it only takes one movement to move a unit from your own mine to any of the tunnel hexes. (or from a tunnel hex back to your mine)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.