tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
CoreyClark wrote:
He's pro-Trump or...?

Definitely anti. Ask him yourself though. He's a cool guy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
CoreyClark wrote:
He's pro-Trump or...?

You may not be able to understand him yourself, but you can ask him yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So ?

What difference does it make?

edit:
Not saying that his opinions are meaningless, just wondering why it should matter here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
He communicates like a politician, doesn't he?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
CoreyClark wrote:
He's pro-Trump or...?

He might be, but I'll never know because he's chosen to make it impossible to have any meaningful interaction with him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
whac3 wrote:
CoreyClark wrote:
He's pro-Trump or...?

He might be, but I'll never know because he's chosen to make it impossible to have any meaningful interaction with him.

I'm just shocked that he can keep it up in every post. I was bored with it the first time I saw one of his semi-coherent piles of markup vomit, I cannot possibly understand how he continues to want to create these pointless little art objects day after day, week after week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CoreyClark wrote:
He's pro-Trump or...?

He is pro Ur'Quan Hierarchy and anti *happy campers*. From what I can tell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Pushing a lesbian old growth union-approved agenda since '94.
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Groggy's unique style and the buried treasure of puns and obscure references within. It's like he swallowed a Carter LP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Apostle Green
United States
Lake County
Illinois
flag msg tools
That is not dead which can eternal lie
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardGameGeek without Groggy... surprise

"AAAAHHH!!! AAH!! AAH!" *gasp* *gasp* ...wakes up in a cold sweat...

What? Oh, thank goodness, it was only a bad dream. robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
whac3 wrote:
CoreyClark wrote:
He's pro-Trump or...?

He does have have his own style of posting but people like you exaggerate how difficult it is to comprehend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
damiangerous wrote:
whac3 wrote:
CoreyClark wrote:
He's pro-Trump or...?

Pot. Kettle. Black.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
damiangerous wrote:
whac3 wrote:
CoreyClark wrote:
He's pro-Trump or...?

He does have have his own style of posting but people like you exaggerate how difficult it is to comprehend.

No, not at all. Years ago when I was newer on the site I took the time to figure out many of his posts for a while. The content of his posts seemed on par with anyone's really. And that's the point. Much like James, who also posts in an obnoxious to read format, if you're going to ask your readers to spend extra mental energy to puzzle out your message you've got to deliver something above average in return. He consistently did not. I'm sure others love the eccentricity and that's great. I have nothing against him personally, but seeing his posts is jarring in the normal course of reading and figuring them out is not worth even the minimal extra effort it takes. If I miss some great nugget I'm sure someone will quote it.

You can certainly make the case that most of us here (including myself) don't post above average content, and that's probably true for all but a handful. If someone were to block me because they don't like reading my posts then that's great. Odds are we couldn't have had a meaningful conversation anyway. I don't block anyone for content though, I can read through standard English plenty fast enough so that it's not worth dealing with the collapsed posts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
damiangerous wrote:
whac3 wrote:
CoreyClark wrote:
He's pro-Trump or...?

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Hey didn't you block me? Oh, that's right you just begged me to not respond to your posts because you apparently lack the self control to deal with it. And here you are, replying me to unsolicited. Imagine that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He's got an amazing knowledge of wargames though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Nothing happens for a reason, but everything happens by a mechanism
badge
Nitrogen Conservation Awareness: I pee in the yard
mbmbmbmbmb
No. He's anti-bully, anti-authoritarian, pacifist, good times guy. He's the jester-conscience of BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasper
Netherlands
Leiden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
CoreyClark wrote:
He's pro-Trump or...?

He is pro Ur'Quan Hierarchy and anti *happy campers*. From what I can tell.
He is on the Path of Now and Forever, or would be if he could just escape *Juffo-Wup*.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
*@$* Methinks he oft carries his scripts a shade over "A LINE" but rarer than Swedish bikers by bins doth he INSULTETH*(====)

*-That is damn harder than it looks, and I didn't put one link in there. I think the guy is great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg von Lemberg
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
*@$* Methinks he oft carries his scripts a shade over "A LINE" but rarer than Swedish bikers by bins doth he INSULTETH*(====)

*-That is damn harder than it looks, and I didn't put one link in there. I think the guy is great.

Yep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg von Lemberg
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rylfrazier wrote:
damiangerous wrote:
whac3 wrote:
CoreyClark wrote:
He's pro-Trump or...?

I'm just shocked that he can keep it up in every post. I was bored with it the first time I saw one of his semi-coherent piles of markup vomit, I cannot possibly understand how he continues to want to create these pointless little art objects day after day, week after week.

I'm more disappointed on those rare times he drops his schtick and responds coherently with no markups in the text. I've called him on it once or twice and I am glad to report that he usually obliges by responding with a familiarly incomprehensible post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:

He's taken more than a shot or two at Mormons and such around here of late, but it's hard to want to call him on it because then you start having to wade through all that stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stuart
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rylfrazier wrote:
damiangerous wrote:
whac3 wrote:
CoreyClark wrote:
He's pro-Trump or...?

Artists do what they do because they must. (Scientists too).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Koldfoot wrote:
He communicates like a politician, doesn't he?
Actual "Geek Mail" exchange from someone NAUGHT any for yours either:
Quote:
Hi what language, cypher, references, are you using in your posts please ?
GROGnads wrote:
Hoi, and why, SHEER "reacting brilliant!" and of course, the 'source' is all y`all, so thanks, cheers!
Quote:
Thanks for clearing that up, so it's just gibberish then ?
Cool
GROGnads wrote:
Hoi still, while MEIN missives were 'meant' for the "smarter ones" around here, while yet for over a decade even, and with that, then: "to each, where they belonged"; as self-determined too.
GROGnads wrote:
Hoi yet some more, and what specific quandary, or several, had possessed 'toi' about inquiring upon yours here?
Quote:
I was intrigued as to your mode of speak in posts. But now you've clarified by your three replies that in essence it's just random words. I now know not to even bother reading them. As I was curious as to actual meaning as others seem to get what your saying as on some threads people even seem to be enjoying you. Good luck with your randomness and I just hope others don't start to emulate you as I feel if everyone posts random words this site will die away. Good luck to you and please note I won't bother you again.
whistle ~"oh 'bother' where "arth" 'moi'!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
surprise Guess WHOSE "stylings" made it possible for the "comeuppissants" whereupon *PLONK*-feature became 'instituted' here? It's your 'favourite colour'! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chengkai Yang
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JoshBot wrote:
No. He's anti-bully, anti-authoritarian, pacifist, good times guy. He's the jester-conscience of BGG.

I thought that was Pete. What with his 3rd person style and all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.