Dale of Merchants 2» Forums » General

Subject: What are good 2 player decks? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wiebke Timm
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which deck combinations are good for a two-player game?

I'd like to introduce the game to my friend and I dont want him to get a bad first impression just because we pick decks that are not well suited for two players. So what do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pick whatever you want, you can't go wrong with any combination. Ask your friend what kind of interaction he likes and pick decks that fit (see their description in the manual). It's not about the player count, it's the preferred playstyle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If direct conflict sounds like a bad idea, skip the Crocodiles. Other than that, no big problems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runcible Spoon
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only ever played DoM and DoM2 as 2p games. We have always felt that every combination of animalfolk decks has worked well for us.

I don't think you have much to worry about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seppo Kuukasjärvi
Finland
Pori
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Next time you use the beaver deck, you have learned to play the game several times! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Bennett-Daggett
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We did not like the Friendly Fennec Foxes with 2p. We found that a lot of the effects didn't make much sense at that player count. Otherwise we've liked all the DoM2 decks with 2p.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seppo Kuukasjärvi
Finland
Pori
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DiAtros wrote:
We did not like the Friendly Fennec Foxes with 2p. We found that a lot of the effects didn't make much sense at that player count.

How so? Could you tell us more? The foxes are about timing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Bennett-Daggett
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sepelius wrote:
DiAtros wrote:
We did not like the Friendly Fennec Foxes with 2p. We found that a lot of the effects didn't make much sense at that player count.

How so? Could you tell us more? The foxes are about timing.

Well, we only tried it once maybe a month ago, so I'll probably get some details wrong, but I believe it was because many of the Fox cards seemed to entail taking a card from each person and shifting them around. With two people this didn't seem interesting. I'm probably wrong, it was just our first impression.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seppo Kuukasjärvi
Finland
Pori
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are talking about Raffle and Charity. Both cards are very straightforward when playing with two players.

Raffle: Both players take a random card from the hand of another player (at the same time) and place it into their hands.

Charity: Both players take a random card from the hand of another player (at the same time). The player who played Charity decides which card is placed into which hand.

Naturally you should play those cards when the opponent has better cards in his/her hand than you have. Cunning Neighbour helps with the right timing.

The foxes make sense, but I cannot promise that you ever like them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.