$30.00
Louise K.
msg tools
Hello gamers!

Conquest is planned to run over Easter long weekend 2017.

Location: Advanced Technologies Centre (ATC), Swinburne University, Burwood Rd, Hawthorn VIC 3122

When: Easter long weekend, April 14 - 17.

Fees and opening times TBA.

The convention team are currently seeking volunteers to run events: Tabletop role-playing games, freeform role-playing, board games, card games, miniature war games, trivia, and multiplayer computer games.

We welcome indie game developers who are seeking a place to test their game system!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Web
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds great but BunnyCon has me booked for those dates. Would it be worth changing the dates so as not to clash with another fairly large Melbourne board game convention?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom R
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah the clash with Bunnycon is an issue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
ATC is a great venue.

There has been a Melbourne games con (initially RPGs) at Easter since at least the first Phantastacon in 1981. IIRC, it has been Conquest since about 1988. So they're probably not going to move dates because some of us are at BunnyCon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, BunnyCon and Conquest have coexisted for all of the BunnyCons meeple

It's probably that most boardgamers haven't heard of Conquest before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louise K.
msg tools
Karlsen wrote:

This is true. I know this forum has a RP section, but I'm not sure of any other online places to post about Conquest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Head on over to https://rpggeek.com/ meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Web
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elfwink wrote:
Karlsen wrote:

This is true. I know this forum has a RP section, but I'm not sure of any other online places to post about Conquest.

I'm really glad you told us about Conquest. Now I have to choose which one to go to

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louise K.
msg tools
danweb wrote:
I'm really glad you told us about Conquest. Now I have to choose which one to go to

Why not spend a little time at both?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Solomon M. Green
Australia
Armadale
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As correctly highlighted by Melissa and Fraser, OzBunnyCon is a new player to the Easter gaming banquet. It's success is very much on the back of a need to cater for "board gamers" rather than the more broader tabletop and RPG which over the years has been left behind by Arcanacon, Conquest and Unicon. Kerrin has poured her heart into OzBunnyCon and very quickly developed a loyal following.

All tabletop gaming is important. PAXAus has shown how on a broader scale they can coexist.

It's not for either of OzBunnyCon or Conquest to move as both have their own distinct participants with little actual crossover. If together in the future they found a common existence under the same roof that maintained the identity of each and was able to leverage off the goodwill displayed at PAXAus, well wouldn't that be a wonderful thing for all gamers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louise K.
msg tools
In addition to tabletop games, Conquest are also looking to attract unique/unusual, indie computer games and freeform LARPs.

Artemis: Spaceship Bridge Simulator, for instance, is a very popular attraction that regularly appears at Conquest.

Also, unlike OzBunnyCon, Conquest's tickets don't sell out! There is plenty of space at Swinburne!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.