Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Toy Vault Inc.
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb

Abaddon is about to get a bit more exciting! Shattered Command is an expansion for Abaddon.

The main part of the expansion is a new unit, the Command Bunker. The Command Bunker is a tough nut to crack, it defends with a D10, and can counter attack any and all attacks against it. It has 6 power crystals. In addition, if you have a Command Bunker, you have access to the new deck, called the Program deck. This is a 20 card deck, that allows you to enhance your units, modify your activation dice, and other nasty actions.

Along with the Command Bunker and Program Deck, we are adding 8 different equipment upgrades. These will be upgrades to the various units. For example, you can upgrade your infantry with Jump Jets, allowing them to move farther, and even hop over terrain.

We are including a point system for building your own battles, as well as new terrain tiles that are enterable. So now your infantry can wait in the forest and pounce on unsuspecting links!

What expansion would it be if it didn't also include eight new scenarios featuring the new rules?

Included in this expansion:

16 page Rule-book/Scenario-book

3 Tile Sheets (Command Bunkers, Terrain, Power Crystals and Upgrade Markers.)

2 reference sheets

20 card Program Deck.

We are going to be up on Kickstarter with this new expansion in this next week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Gaskill
United States
Bridgeton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great News- Always thought this was a great Game that never
got any traction. Enterable Terrain is a welcome addition.

OD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Excellent!

This will look great sitting on the shelf next to my 2 copies of Abaddon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Delval
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
volnon wrote:

Excellent!

Excellent!

This will look great sitting on the shelf next to my 2 copies of Abaddon WITH painted miniatures!

...I do love this casual C and C game.
So much fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darthvegeta800 wrote:
volnon wrote:

Excellent!

Excellent!

This will look great sitting on the shelf next to my 2 copies of Abaddon WITH painted miniatures!

So much fun.

How did you know I had painted miniatures?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Delval
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
volnon wrote:
Darthvegeta800 wrote:
volnon wrote:

Excellent!

Excellent!

So much fun.

How did you know I had painted miniatures?

because we lunatics only buy it 2x because we colorcode our stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Schipper
United States
Prescott Valley
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Kickstarter appears to have stalled out. Any plans to help it get more traction? I'd love to see this expansion realized.

I think lack of publicity was part of why this game didn't take off in the first place. Have you considered a BGG giveaway contest and/or BGG banners? That's where I learn about most of the new games coming out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Vydar wrote:
The Kickstarter appears to have stalled out. Any plans to help it get more traction? I'd love to see this expansion realized.

I think lack of publicity was part of why this game didn't take off in the first place. Have you considered a BGG giveaway contest and/or BGG banners? That's where I learn about most of the new games coming out.

I was about to make the same suggestions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toy Vault Inc.
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
We have an active BGG ad now. Contests are a bit out of budget for an expansion unfortunately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
toyvaultinc wrote:
We have an active BGG ad now. Contests are a bit out of budget for an expansion unfortunately.

I didn't realize BGG charged to do contests. How much do they charge? Of course, there's also the conundrum that if the KS campaign is unsuccessful and the game doesn't get printed, that makes it kind of hard to do a giveaway contest. But, I guess you could have a contest where you give away copies of the base game, just as means of generating interest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toy Vault Inc.
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
It is $1200 for a one week contest. Plus, of course, prep-time for the contest itself, graphic design costs, etc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow!

It is amazing that BGG charges for a contest! Especially that much!

Jeez, you would think they would love the fact people drop in to check out the contest.

Oh wait... it's all about the ka-ching these days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toy Vault Inc.
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
BGG is a great website, and they need to make money to stay up and running. I certainly don't begrudge them for finding ways of monetizing. Contests are great for the companies that use it, and it is great for users as it provides funding without excessive advertising.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.