Subject: Adding a random weakness to your hand (Spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mathias Heilmann
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a game effect orders you to "search the collection for a random basic Madness weakness and add it to your hand",

Spoiler (click to reveal)
as the backside of Agenda 2a in "The Devourer Below" does,

I assume that you immeadiately play it as if you just drew it. Does it go to the discard pile afterwards? And does it become part of your deck*?

Spoiler (click to reveal)
*Not that relevant here since it's the last scenario of the campaign, at least if you don't plan to carry over the deck to another campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daigotsu Calim
msg tools
I can't quote the rulebook right now, but as far as I remember, the answer to both questions should be yes.

It states somewhere (possibly at Weakness) that they trigger when they enter your hand in a different way than drawing them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Revelation

Quote:
- When a weakness card enters an investigator's hand, that investigator must immediately resolve all revelation abilities on the card as if it were just drawn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Heilz wrote:
And does it become part of your deck*?

Rules Reference: "If a weakness is added to a player’s deck or hand during the play of a scenario, that weakness remains a part of that investigator’s deck for the rest of the campaign. (Unless it is removed from the campaign
by a card ability or scenario resolution.)"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.