Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Dreaming Of The C rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Byron Toomey
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi,

At the risk of sounding like a broken record does anyone know of any rumours about the Enterprise C? I know these things take time but since we have had a couple of nice new sculpts so far in the game I'm still hoping.

I'm sure the Powers that be are taking note of our enthusiasm for a C and Yesterday's Enterprise being anounced as an OP must have kicked it all off again, before the galaxy class was announced as the prize.

Personally I'm glad the Enterprise C won't be the prize. I feel that it needs to be a retail release. Lots of people seem to want it.

Here's hoping!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Typheron Joyzxqk
United Kingdom
Bathgate
Scotland
flag msg tools
Ordo Xenos | T.I.U.F.
badge
Set Phasers tae Malkey!
mbmbmbmbmb
The thing about it is that it would be a totally new sculpt as there has not been an Ambassador class in any of the WizKids lines, which is probably why we have not seen it yet. Hell they could not get it together to do a Lakota/Enterprise B sculpt so.

In this respect it would make sense that it would be a retail release as they would want to get maximum return back on any new sculpts, but this is Wizkids were talking about and they can be a bit random.

Now that being said I totally want a C, I am not remotely fussed if its competitive or not, just that it is a C. We know what the schedule is for the next 4 months and the C was not on it, but after that we can but hope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure its in a notebook on someones desk somewhere right behind the Galaxy-x Dreadnought that they should have released back when they did the All Good Things OP.

Another missed opportunity that will likely never happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Sharitt
United States
Murfreesboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Typheron wrote:
The thing about it is that it would be a totally new sculpt as there has not been an Ambassador class in any of the WizKids lines, which is probably why we have not seen it yet. Hell they could not get it together to do a Lakota/Enterprise B sculpt so.

In this respect it would make sense that it would be a retail release as they would want to get maximum return back on any new sculpts, but this is Wizkids were talking about and they can be a bit random.

Now that being said I totally want a C, I am not remotely fussed if its competitive or not, just that it is a C. We know what the schedule is for the next 4 months and the C was not on it, but after that we can but hope.

I think if WizKids was going to do a new sculpt to put put out the C, it would have been earlier on. I don't know how much effort we'll see out of WizKids and out side of repaints, I'm basically expecting "new" ships based on existing one. That being said, with the Robinson and WizKids really liking to recycle birds of prey, I'm hoping we see Dukat's Bird of Prey, one of the Ferengi commandeered Birds of Prey, a mirror universe Bird of Prey from Yesterday's Enterprise(though that would make not getting the C hurt that much more), and retail version of the Bounty as a proper Federation faction ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Typheron Joyzxqk
United Kingdom
Bathgate
Scotland
flag msg tools
Ordo Xenos | T.I.U.F.
badge
Set Phasers tae Malkey!
mbmbmbmbmb
bsharitt wrote:
I think if WizKids was going to do a new sculpt to put put out the C, it would have been earlier on. I don't know how much effort we'll see out of WizKids and out side of repaints...

You may very well be right there, as the old "Wave X" list they had before they started doing the repaints were all existing ships.

Assimilated Vessel 77139 Expansion Pack - Raven Release
U.S.S. Yosemite Expansion Pack - Saber CLass
I.R.W. Jolan Tru Expansion Pack - Valdore
Einstein Expansion Pack - OP Shuttle (the TNG curvey thing)
I.K.S. Klothos Expansion Pack - D7
I.R.W. Devoras Expansion Pack - D'deridex
Assimilator 84 Expansion Pack - Borg Type 03

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Ray
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
With no new sculpts in almost a year it's waaaaay over due. To me this is just more evidence that Wizkids is just allowing this game to wind down.

On a positive note, I just saw a lot of Micromachine versions of Enterprise B, C and D (Both dreadnaught and saucer separation versions)on ebay. And for a lot less than you'd think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Plummer
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
I'd also like to see a version of the Rotarran from Shadows and Symbols with Worf, QUark, Bashere, O'Brien and Martok(and a sun-exploding weapon, I guess. ). I don't care if it's just an OP card pack for the existing Rotarran, I think the crew could be tons of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I D
Wales
flag msg tools
No news Byron, unfortunately!

I agree with you that the C should be a retail release not an OP prize though - I'd be gutted if I couldn't get my hands on it!

Quite interested to see the Yesterday's Enterprise version of Picard though...

I'm just happy I've managed to get the Voyager at long last - waiting on the Ent-E now!

You checked the blog out recently - put a good few reports up on there recently ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Go download one of the ones in variants. Better than nothing right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Toomey
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
isd_blues wrote:
No news Byron, unfortunately!

I agree with you that the C should be a retail release not an OP prize though - I'd be gutted if I couldn't get my hands on it!

Quite interested to see the Yesterday's Enterprise version of Picard though...

I'm just happy I've managed to get the Voyager at long last - waiting on the Ent-E now!

You checked the blog out recently - put a good few reports up on there recently ;-)

I have indeed checked it and once more am in awe of your squad building skills! . I love the picture you put up of us . Thank you for your kind comments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Toomey
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
carbon_dragon wrote:
Go download one of the ones in variants. Better than nothing right?

I'm getting more and more tempted by the day to just go do that. I was holding out incase a retail did come out. They've got some beautiful models of the Ambassador on shapeways. I do like me a shapeways model.

I suppose the worst thing I could do is make my own, play it at home and if the reatail release does happen I've still got a nice extra model.

I'm currently working on a beautiful Enterprise B. The model is beautiful I'm really trying to take my time with the paint so I don't ruin it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Toomey
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Ender02 wrote:
I'm sure its in a notebook on someones desk somewhere right behind the Galaxy-x Dreadnought that they should have released back when they did the All Good Things OP.

Another missed opportunity that will likely never happen.

I'm still hoping the Galaxy-X will come. It'll probably just be a regular model though. Good thing shapeways has the conversion kit.

Love the channel by the way! You really helped me when I was starting out and couldn't buy everything so had to choose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Toomey
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
bsharitt wrote:
Typheron wrote:

I think if WizKids was going to do a new sculpt to put put out the C, it would have been earlier on. I don't know how much effort we'll see out of WizKids and out side of repaints, I'm basically expecting "new" ships based on existing one. That being said, with the Robinson and WizKids really liking to recycle birds of prey, I'm hoping we see Dukat's Bird of Prey, one of the Ferengi commandeered Birds of Prey, a mirror universe Bird of Prey from Yesterday's Enterprise(though that would make not getting the C hurt that much more), and retail version of the Bounty as a proper Federation faction ship.

I would stil totally love Dukat's Bird of prey and those Ferengi K'vorts would be sweet! The Ferengi need some more love. If that's what they have to do to keep this going I'll buy that, hopefully the new series will inject lots more cards potentially and interest from potential new players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.