Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A Brave New Geek
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wurstly, great game. We have played 3p seven times in a row.

Q. Is Brilliance OP? Everyone that has brought this card has won. Perhaps a coincidence though thoughts? We have removed the card for now.

Also - expansions?

Credit to the designer and thanks for the fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ruf
United States
Acworth
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are several threads about under/over powered cards already. But, as far as Brilliance goes, it really depends on when it's bought and how people are playing the game. If everyone is taking their time and no one is triggering dragon attacks, then yes, Brilliance will be very good. Same with Treasure Map. If someone employs a smash and grab strategy using cards like Dead Run, Monkey Bot, and Gems, then Brilliance will not have a chance to be used enough to make it broken.

Edit: grammar stuff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Brave New Geek
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Legend5555 wrote:
There are several threads about under/over powered cards already. But, as far as Brilliance goes, it really depends on when it's bought and how people are playing the game. If everyone is taking their time and no one is triggering dragon attacks, then yes, Brilliance will be very good. Same with Treasure Map. If someone employs a smash and grab strategy using cards like Dead Run, Monkey Bot, and Gems, then Brilliance will not have a chance to be used enough to make it broken.

Edit: grammar stuff

Great points chap - thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte
Portugal
Ponte de Lima
Ponte de Lima
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wouldn't it be interesting that one expansion added a deck for the dragon? to be played either solo or with a dragon player as variants?

Like, in addition to the normal attacks, the dragon player would be able to play a card each turn and do what it says (maybe it makes a player drop an artifact, or maybe it makes a random attack of X cubes, or it scares ppl and makes you move into an adjacent room of his choice, etc).
He would choose one card from 3 that he would have in his hand each turn. If it was solo varianr, maybe you would just play one card random. His deck could also count as a timer as well.

Just some thought after first play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aiko van Wingerden
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
I can't help you with the first question, but I can tell you that (What I assume is an expansion... Would be kinda weird if it wasn't) is coming. One of the Man VS Meeple Kickstarter Backer Levels contains a signed copy of clank + "A bonus mystery box that we know Clank! fans will love". After I inquired a bit more (I think. Kickstarter's comment pages are whack) they added that it would be available to the public too at a later date (Again, I'm quite sure, but I can't find it back now) and that they couldn't say anything else about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikey Moo
Canada
Red Deer
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the topic of suggestions for an expansion...

1) Asynchronous players powers - Add in ~8 different classes each with a different special ability so you can feel like you are playing as the Rogue, Knight, Wizard, etc.

2) More player interaction - More ways to cause other players to gain clank couldn't hurt since it seems like most players tend to minimize the clank they collect when they play. Or maybe a "?" you can find and use to place a trap somewhere on the map to slow players down.

3) More strong cards that have lots of clank but can only be bought in the lower dungeons - The cards that have/generate lots of clank tend to sit in the market until players are close to leaving the dungeon. Maybe you can have a few more tempting ones that can only be acquired when in the lower dungeon so that they are worth buying despite the clank.

4) A different map - Maybe a haunted forest with a river that acts as the border between the upper and lower parts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.