BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: If I were X country... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
King in Green
Japan
flag msg tools
mb
As a slightly more lighthearted topic... I was listening to a podcast about the politics of Russia and its neighbours called The Power Vertical (which is pretty good), and one of the regulars was asked what Ukraine should do in response to the election of Trump (who has of course suggested that he might recognise the annexation of Crimea):

"Send a beauty queen as ambassador" was the half-joking response.

So, without getting too serious, if you were x country how would you be responding to the new US administration..?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I was in the French administration I would send emissaries to collect the phone numbers of whoever may have a high-rank post

Because, if you believe the journalists, our government was so strongly convinced of a Clinton victory that when Trump won, they had no phone number to dial to contact the president-elect ....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh my God They Banned Kenny
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I would ignore the BS spewing forth from his opponents at a prodigious rate and simply deal with him like any other President of the United States.

He wants to renegotiate trade deals, fine, what does he want, what is he willing to give up?

He wants to deal with (illegal) immigration, fine, what's he going to do about he flood of American celebs coming into Canada?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would do whatever was in my best national interest. As I always have.

I would tell trump what he needed to hear and secretly make backup plans so I was safe either way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harmonica
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Keep your lovin' brother happy!
mbmbmbmbmb
An hypothetical visit of Mr. Trump to the NL had been discussed. "One could lead Melania around the red light district.", a showmaster proposed, "She could talk to her former colleagues.".

I fell off my couch ... and not because of laughter. The office of Potus lost some of its prestige.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.