Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trent Howell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Growing up I loved going over to my friend’s house to play air hockey. I always thought it was so cool that he had an air hockey table. And I longed for the day when I’d be able to get my own air hockey table.

Well, I still don’t have an air hockey table.

But I do have plenty of other things to play with my kids.

And now this includes what I like to imagine as our mini air hockey table – KLASK.

We know there isn’t any air involved with this cool board game from Finland, but there are magnets!

How to Play

We actually think playing KLASK is pretty self explanatory.

Players take a side and using a magnet below the playing surface maneuver their playing piece so that it hits the ball - trying to knock it into their opponents goal.

There are multiple ways to score points during the game.
* Players can score 1 point by getting the ball in your opponent’s goal.
* Getting 2 of the white central magnets stick to your paddle will give your opponent 1 point.
* Having your paddle fall in your goal area will also score 1 point for your opponent.

The first player to 6 points wins.

If you'd like to see it in action, you can see our video review in the video section.

Can the whole family enjoy KLASK?

KLASK was totally made with families in mind.

It's great for kids and also great for parents and kids to play together.

In fact, the size of the magnets under the table may make it even easier for kids to maneuver – and subsequently beat their parents.

Players can’t just go crazy with moving their paddle around. If they go too wild, they’ll end up giving away points to their opponent. And kids really don’t like to do that.

We also like the high quality of the game components. The game table itself is well constructed and looks nice out on the table. The magnets are a good strength and they slide nicely above as well as underneath the table.

How does KLASK score on our “Let’s Play Again” game meter?

KLASK scores high on our “let’s play again” game meter because it’s a very quick dexterity game that’s so easy to play over and over.

Scoring happens quickly and games to 6 points don’t take long at all. We typically play multiple games in succession. And that’s a good thing because it gives me a fighting chance.

For example, let’s say we play 3 games in a row. Rather than having a score track that goes to 18 (6x3) so Caleb can trounce me 18 to 5, the score resets after each 6 points – putting us back on even footing. At least it gives me hope each game that I can do better.

Follow The Board Game Family:
A list of all our family board game and card game video reviews can also be found on BGG in this Family Video Reviews GeekList.
www.TheBoardGameFamily.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/BoardGameFamily
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TheBoardGameFamily
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
But only for people with small hands. A co-worker grabbed a copy and brought it in. Us people with big mitts move the table too easily via bumping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.