Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel C. Martinez
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So this is a premium priced boardgame. I'm fine paying for it but then I get stickers to apply on the dice? Spielworxx could not afford custom made ones?
Rant mode off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Buettemeier
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
Esst mehr Käsetoast!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, really.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
And what's more .. the spielworxx site even mentions it. whistle
what they didn't say is that you even have to glue the wheel together which is a bit strange given there are plenty of easier solutions aroung. (glass street, ora et labora, ...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime D.
Spain
Cadiz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dragos_br wrote:
So this is a premium priced boardgame. I'm fine paying for it but then I get stickers to apply on the dice? Spielworxx could not afford custom made ones?
Rant mode off.

It's becoming more common than you may think. Aurimentic and La Granja: No Siesta are two other examples of sticks rather than custom dice...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Back to Commands & Colors: Ancients
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jones
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Almilcar wrote:
dragos_br wrote:
Rant mode off.

It's becoming more common than you may think. Aurimentic and La Granja: No Siesta are two other examples of sticks rather than custom dice...

And it will become even more common if people accept it and keep purchasing those games. This game looks interesting to me, but I will not be buying it for this reason. I may trade for it later or buy it second hand, but I will not support publishers who choose to go this route.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not really pleased with the way I stickered this game. It works but it lacks consistency and its making me crazy. I emailed Spielworxx to see if I can buy some replacement stickers but being that I haven't heard back about the tiny discs I'm not hopeful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Inguanzo
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bclayj wrote:
This game looks interesting to me, but I will not be buying it for this reason. I may trade for it later or buy it second hand,

Wait, so, someone could buy it new, open it, put all the stickers on, then turn around and sell it to you? That's the equivalent of paying a third party to sticker the dice on your game. You could literally hire one of the day laborers that hang out in front of Home Depot. Alternately, you could go the Tom Sawyer route; before your first game tell your opponents that stickering their share of the dice is part of the game. Whoever does the best job gets to be first player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.