Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Surgenor
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule for this card states that you get an affection token if you are knocked out of the round and it is in your discard pile; so, does it not just act as a free token for that round if I happen to draw it?

- If I discard it during play it has no effect but will give me a token if Im knocked out
- If I win the round I get a token for it

It seems to give it no sense of choice as I should just throw it down straight away.

Should the rule not have been if you are knocked out and have it in your hand you get a token?

Any insights?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I interpret "knocked out" as being knocked out before the final showing of cards. So if you discard it, but survive to the end of the round, and then lose because someone else had a higher numbered card than you, you won't get an affection token.

That's just my interpretation though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Adrian. If you survive to the end and lose, you are not knocked out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Michael
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also once you've discarded it, the other players will most likely stop targeting you, so you'd better hope that you have a high card by the end of the round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xristos Lagogiannis
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmb
So, if you discard it , pray to lose before the final showing of the cards. By the way I prefer the variant that says it must stay in your hands to earn a token

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.