Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron K
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some questions that have popped up already:

Asenath Waite: Should this be the choice of zone and the defending player choose the unit? This is a rather powerful ability, especially for Opener. There are VERY few abilities that let the attacker pick in this game, and this one lets you pick AND gain a unit at the cost you spent on the HP.

Joseph Curwen: What are some benefits of removing the gate? I feel like I have never been in a position where I wanted to pay three power to lose a gate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron K
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One possible solution discussed this weekend for the first question was giving the choice to the defender and also reducing it to a 2 power monster being summoned.

Another was making it a combat action (so it ends up kind of like a nightgaunt and wendigo ability).

Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Hobbit
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The major problem is the ability to get a gate everytime, so excluding Cultists would solve this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron K
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting.

Do you still think giving attacker choice and a three point monster is valid?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Hobbit
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Some factions don´t have 3P monsters (YS,TT,BG with Thousand Young,WW with 2 Gnoph in play) or a limited amount (GC,CC, only 2 each). Sleeper could benefit a lot and Opener is the big winner (never runs out of 3P monsters + flying gate).

And to be honest, i don´t think we will see another game with Opener getting Asenath.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg W
United States
flag msg tools
I haven't really thought this through carefully, but...

What about limiting the power cost of the replacement to the target-1 (e.g. You could replace a 3p monster with a 2p monster)? I would think that this might make Asenath more of a battle threat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
Asenath Waite's ability as written lets you replace a monster or cultist from anywhere on the map with your own unit of 3 or less cost, for which you sacrifice Asenath.

I agree it's powerful. If you fear abuse, I'd suggest one of these two fixes:

1) the target gets to pick which of his monsters or cultists is replaced.
OR
2) Asenath has to be in the same area with the replaced unit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.