Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Naomi Phillips
United Kingdom
Birmingham
UNITED KINGDOM
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this is a silly, fun game and not to be taken seriously but is it really only for children or would this still be fun for adults? I know it depends on the people but just generally is it really only going to be fun to play it with children or is it for anyone who doesn't take gaming too seriously? Has anyone enjoyed it in an adult group?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holger Doessing
Denmark
Odense
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it would be fun, particularly based on Vasel's review of it, but after playing it a few times I decided not to introduce it to my group. It is definitely mainly for children. If you're looking for a goofy game that "requires the right group (of adults)" there are better games out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is one of those games that really only works well for kids. Kids do love it, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Naomi Phillips
United Kingdom
Birmingham
UNITED KINGDOM
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for your replies!

holgerd wrote:
If you're looking for a goofy game that "requires the right group (of adults)" there are better games out there.

Are there a few you could recommend, please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr. Eureka
Techno Witches
Incan Gold
Hasch mich!
Snake Oil
Piece o' Cake
Doodle Quest
Cube Quest
Strike
Spookies
Mmm! (for adults use the "only in the same row/column" variant)
Martian Dice
Zombie Dice
Blurble (Deluxe)
WINK

and not commonly thought of as kids games, but they work well with almost all adults and kids...
King of Tokyo
Dead Man's Draw
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Naomi Phillips
United Kingdom
Birmingham
UNITED KINGDOM
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for taking the time to reply with this list

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ugur Dönmez
Netherlands
Hoofddorp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To provide a different point of view: most of my plays have been with adults, and with pretty much all of them it was a big hit. I played it most recently with two colleagues on Thursday. One player kept salting and spoiling all dishes, pancakes were flying about (keep drinking glasses far away from this game!), good old-fashioned fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the thing - it's a dexterity game. Does your group enjoy those? If so, this is a decent one. If they don't like the dexterity aspect, then definitely look for a different game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Naomi Phillips
United Kingdom
Birmingham
UNITED KINGDOM
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Knight wrote:
To provide a different point of view: most of my plays have been with adults, and with pretty much all of them it was a big hit. I played it most recently with two colleagues on Thursday. One player kept salting and spoiling all dishes, pancakes were flying about (keep drinking glasses far away from this game!), good old-fashioned fun!

Ah, now it's back on my 'thinking about it' list

pk2317 wrote:
Here's the thing - it's a dexterity game. Does your group enjoy those? If so, this is a decent one. If they don't like the dexterity aspect, then definitely look for a different game.

We haven't tried. I was looking to get this as our first one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deerhound wrote:
Ah, now it's back on my 'thinking about it' list

My sons (about to turn 3 and 6) love it. My wife also likes it. Of all the adults I have played with (about 10), only 1 did not like it. but he doesn't like any Dexterity game so...If you do get it, get the expansion. Adds a fifth player and a lot of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.