WALSALL
WEST MIDLANDS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The Germans orders ,enter at B and exit at Z
The US orders kill/capture all encountered enemy
The Germans exited one German at Z already
The US have killed one of the two encountered Germans
The wounded German is encountered, can he move off at B to stop US completing their order

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Thane
England
Brough
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Up the Tigers
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't think so as his orders are to exit at Z

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ganshaw
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have said "yes" but then the German could not complete their orders. To be honest, I would think the German could exit any edge, not just the designated entry/exits. But again, that would preclude the German from any chance of completing their order.

I stand corrected. I will concede to Greg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMOS BURKE
United Kingdom
WALSALL
WEST MIDLANDS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One German had already left on the exit area as I understand only one figures needs to exit to get the VP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's a Patrol order, enter/exit, as soon as one soldier exits the appropriate entry area, then the orders are accomplished. The rest of his soldiers should be able to do whatever or all get killed, and they should still get the VP'S for accomplishing the orders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMOS BURKE
United Kingdom
WALSALL
WEST MIDLANDS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahma wrote:
If it's a Patrol order, enter/exit, as soon as one soldier exits the appropriate entry area, then the orders are accomplished. The rest of his soldiers should be able to do whatever or all get killed, and they should still get the VP'S for accomplishing the orders.

This is the way I played it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
420017 wrote:
Hahma wrote:

This is the way I played it

I played a game years ago, where we both ended up with Patrol orders. The only problem was that my opponent entered from the middle of the long side of the board and had to exit to the short side to his right. Making things worse, was that the exit tile was in the corner closest to him where the short and long sides met. So he just had to enter and head directly to the right to get off the board. Whereas I entered from my long side and had to exit from the other long side, but intersecting his exit path, and mine was much further.

I saw that he just planned on exiting and making a quick game of it, so I was content to allow that because I believe my orders were worth more by a a point for some reason. But, after he had one guy off, and some taking pot shots at me, we had an immediate consequences situation come up with the reveal of the 3 story cards in the following round. The card gave 3 VP's to any player that had their orders accomplished, so my opponent got 3 VP'S since he had a soldier exited. Now that screwed me, and I had to try to at least kill one of his guys worth 3 VP'S in order to still win if he continued to exit all his guys, leaving me time to get all mine off. Well, I was too far and didn't get the right cards, so he beat me by a couple points.

I wasn't really turtling and letting him go, but I was advancing cautiously in case he tricked me and sent some guys my way to kill some soldiers.

But the point was, that he only had 1 guy off the board and it was considered completed orders to give him the bonus 3 VP'S.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ganshaw
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After giving it some thought..

I remember somewhere the statement that, no matter how well you do, if no one survives, then no one can report back, therefore you have lost. I would take the opposite to hold true as well. As long as one person made it back to report from the mission, you've succeeded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Banor58 wrote:

I remember somewhere the statement that, no matter how well you do, if no one survives, then no one can report back, therefore you have lost. I would take the opposite to hold true as well. As long as one person made it back to report from the mission, you've succeeded.

That is exactly how I play it Chris.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Banor58 wrote:

Yes, I agree...dead men tell no tales whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.