$20.00
$60.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
134 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 

SeaFall» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Campaign #001 - Game 2 (SPOILERS - SHIP Chest and first four milestones) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Rees
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread will be used to track the turns of Game #2.

Glory Track:
= 12
= 13
= 13
= 9
= 7

Game 1 Titles:
Grey = Baron
Red = Count
Purple = Duke - enmity with Grey
Green = Prince - enmity with Grey (since taken back) and Red

There are thee milestones to achieve:
Trade Flourishes (UNLOCK) - CLAIMED by GREEN
Sell 4+ of the same type of good in one turn.
• Gain 4 glory.
• Go to entry 266.

The Seas Embrace - CLAIMED by GREEN
Sink Another province's ship in a raic.
• Gain 4 glory.
• Go to entry 309.

Ancient Secrets Unearthed
Find a Tomb of the Ancients
• Gain 4 glory.
• Go to entry 312.

Islands, with available goods and enmity tokens:

Island #1:

Island #2:

Island #3:

Island #4:

Island #5:

Island #6:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rees
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game 2 Sideboard
Side Board:

Goods in the supply:
Iron

Wood

Linen

Spice

Available upgrades:

Discounted by
:

Discounted by
:

Discounted by
:

Discounted by
:

Available Advisors:

The Advisors deck, and the available Advisors, can be found here:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1665828/campaign-001-advisor...

Current map:

Research cards (Maps and Charts)
1custom17{StrngChrt;ChrtFrgmnt;ChrtFrgmnt; WthrdChrt;WthrdChrt; AncntChrt;AncntChrt; MapFrgmntAnchor;MapFrgmntMoon;MapFrgmntTrtle; AncntMapSkull;AncntMapSkull;AncntMapSkull;AncntMapTurtle; WthrdMapAnchor;WthrdMapMoon;WthrdMapTurtle}

Uncharted Waters cards:
1custom19{DgrWaters;DgrWaters;DgrWaters;DgrWaters;Current;Current;Current; Atoll366;Atoll367;Atoll368;Atoll369;Atoll370;Atoll371;Locals360; Locals361;Locals362;Locals363;Locals364;Locals365}

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rees
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Seas Await!
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The seas await! The provinces, pushed by the soldiers and the explorers guilds, are heading into the great unknown. Whether by cunning, force, fortune, or fate, new lands will be found and new adventures will be written. History shows that those who head out into unchartered waters often don't come back. But boldness and glory await. As does the pirate king. The continent is in turmoil as those provinces what are further back have declared war on those more prestigious. Ships are no longer safe on the open seas.

Uncharted Waters - new rules for Ships and Sailing
If you end a sail action in an empty sea space past the first four columns, draw the top uncharted waters card. If your ships end in different empty seas spaces, choose only one and draw a card for that ship.

Dangerous Waters - new rules for Ships and Sailing
If you move into a space with Dangerous Waters, attempt a SAIL endeavor against the defense of the space. If you don't sink as a result of this endeavor, you may continue moving. If your ships sailed together into the space, you only have to pass the Dangerous Waters check once, using the other ship as a support ship. You gain no glory for passing a Dangerous Waters check.

Currents - new rules for Ships and Sailing
If you move into a space with a current, you may sail out of the space in the direction the current is pointing without spending a point of movement. You do not have to move with the current and moving in any other direction incurs no extra cost.

Atolls - new rules for Ships and Sailing
Atolls are regions where ships can rearrange their holds and not be in uncharted waters.

Exploring the Sea - new rules for the Explorers Guild
You may take an explore action to try to find an island in an empty sea space in a column without an island. The defense is the number at the column's end. If you succeed, you have found an island in that space. Gain glory for the endeavor as normal. Take a random island card from the storage chest. Read its entry in the Captain's Booke. Follow the instructions for where to put stickers to mark the island.

1custom8{Island-A;Island-B;Island-C;Island-D;Island-E;Island-F;Island-G;}

Raiding a Ship - new rules for the Soldiers Guild
You may raid another player's ship in the same space as your ships. A ship is not a dangerous site. The defender picks the flagship of the attacker. The defending ship's hold is the defense. Its SAIL or RAID is teh garrison (defender gets to choose). Support ships add or remove a dies from the raid pool as normal. Add 1 die to the raid pool if the attacker controls the space. Remove 1 die if the defender controls the space.

If you succeed in the raid, you may apply 1 damage to the defending ship or plunder one item from the defending flagship's hold for each success rolled. Place one enmity token in the defending player's At War With section for each damage given or plunder taken, unless the raid was in a region you control, in which case place exactly one enmity token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rees
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first five Advisors on the roll are: 5custom32{Woods;Madman;Guide;Capt;Monkey;Savage;Wind;Soldier;Brute;Smuggler;Dock;Trader;Convict;Carp; Alch;Foreman;Blackmail;blacksmith;bosun;cannon;caravan;ExpPtrn;Vet;Helms;Hist;Thief;Nav;Patriot;Pirate;Pol;SldrPtrn;Thug} -> ( Trader Pirate SldrPtrn Blackmail Nav) -> ( Trader Pirate SldrPtrn Blackmail Nav)

I forgot to take out the ones that we saved on the first roll. The link to the Advisors roll page is :

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1665828/campaign-001-advisor...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 981895. gpmark
  • 5custom36{Woods;Madman;Guide;Capt;Explr;Monkey;Scout;Savage;Wind;Soldier;Brute;Smuggler;Dock;Trader;Merchant;Convict;Carp; Alch;Foreman;Build;Blackmail;blacksmith;bosun;cannon;caravan;ExpPtrn;Vet;Helms;Hist;Thief;Nav;Patriot;Pirate;Pol;SldrPtrn;Thug} =
  • ( Nav Merchant Scout Pirate Madman) =
  • ( Nav Merchant Scout Pirate Madman)
  • first five Advisors on the roll are:
  • Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:38 pm
  • [+]
  • 981896. gpmark
  • 5custom32{Woods;Madman;Guide;Capt;Monkey;Savage;Wind;Soldier;Brute;Smuggler;Dock;Trader;Convict;Carp; Alch;Foreman;Blackmail;blacksmith;bosun;cannon;caravan;ExpPtrn;Vet;Helms;Hist;Thief;Nav;Patriot;Pirate;Pol;SldrPtrn;Thug} =
  • ( Trader Pirate SldrPtrn Blackmail Nav) =
  • ( Trader Pirate SldrPtrn Blackmail Nav)
  • first five Advisors on the roll are:
  • Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:40 pm
Mark Rees
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WINTER PHASE
Reveal an Event Card 1custom10{Fog;GoodOmens;Market;Charter;SmoothSeas;SmoothSeas;Event-A;Event-B;Event-C;Event-D} -> ( GoodOmens) -> ( GoodOmens)

This round, each STRONG success roll in an explore endeavor counts as an extra success roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 981901. gpmark
  • 1custom10{Fog;GoodOmens;Market;Charter;SmoothSeas;SmoothSeas;Event-A;Event-B;Event-C;Event-D} =
  • ( GoodOmens) =
  • ( GoodOmens)
  • Event Card
  • Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:48 pm
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a few duplicated advisors on the advisor page, and the count at least on the starting ones seems exact so I assume you replaced a few with the wrong image (Adam West for instance is there twice... and in the new ones you have two Master Thief).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rees
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm not sure how that happened. I'll fix that. But the roll was correct, so don't wait for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Neville
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Grey's turn 1
Grey's Turn:

Hire Advisors or Buy Treasure:
Pay two reputation to hire the Navigator and name him Lincoln.

Refill the advisor board:

1custom27{Woods;Madman;Guide;Capt;Monkey;Savage;Wind;Soldier;Brute;Smuggler;Dock;Convict;Carp; Alch;Foreman;blacksmith;bosun;cannon;caravan;ExpPtrn;Vet;Helms;Hist;Thief;Patriot;Pol;Thug} -> ( cannon) -> ( cannon)

Activate an Advisor:
Activate Lincoln the Navigator

Hire a Guild and use two of its three actions:
Hire the Explorer's guild

Action 1: Sail
Speedy and Gygas sail to Easter Island.

Action 2:
Explore the difficulty 5 anchor. I get 5 dice, 2 from Gygas explore, 1 from Speedy support, 2 from Lincoln.

5custom6{blank;blank;weak;standard;standard;strong} -> ( standard strong blank weak standard) -> ( standard strong blank weak standard)

5 successes, no damage. I gain 1 glory.

Rolling anchor entry:
1custom10{13;19;46;49;51;59;66;67;71;296} = (296) = 296

Need the entry. Could you also randomize my choice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 981977. Wenadin01
  • 1custom27{Woods;Madman;Guide;Capt;Monkey;Savage;Wind;Soldier;Brute;Smuggler;Dock;Convict;Carp; Alch;Foreman;blacksmith;bosun;cannon;caravan;ExpPtrn;Vet;Helms;Hist;Thief;Patriot;Pol;Thug} =
  • ( cannon) =
  • ( cannon)
  • Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:36 pm
  • [+]
  • 981983. Wenadin01
  • 5custom6{blank;blank;weak;standard;standard;strong} =
  • ( standard strong blank weak standard) =
  • ( standard strong blank weak standard)
  • Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:40 pm
  • [+]
  • 981988. Wenadin01
  • 1custom10{13;19;46;49;51;59;66;67;71;296} =
  • (296) =
  • Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:43 pm
Mark Rees
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is the best Advisor name so far!

Entry #296:
Providence has provided us with much needed linen to take back home. The locals always gather at the same place shen creating it. It should be no problem to find them again to procure more (#122), but perhaps a gift now could sweeten relations with them in the future (#70)?

The choice is # 1custom2{70;122} = (122) = 122

The natives are pleasantly agreeable, and i look forward to trading with them in the future.

Add one linen from the supply to a ship of yours in this region. Mark this as a site that produces LINEN.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 982116. gpmark
  • 1custom2{70;122} =
  • (122) =
  • The choice is #
  • Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:49 pm
Joseph Neville
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I put the linen on Speedy.

Exhaust your Active Advisor:
Exhaust Lincoln the Navigator. Send both ships home as part of his ability and transfer the linen to my warehouse.

Glory Track:
= 12
= 1
= 0
= 0
= 0

Baron Grey turn complete and province board is updated, Red Count is next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rees
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RED Round 1 turn
Gareth ap Coch's Turn:

Pay one reputation to hire Vultan the Blackmailer.

Refill the advisor roll with the 1custom26{Woods;Madman;Guide;Capt;Monkey;Savage;Wind;Soldier;Brute;Smuggler;Dock;Convict;Carp; Alch;Foreman;blacksmith;bosun;caravan;ExpPtrn;Vet;Helms;Hist;Thief;Patriot;Pol;Thug} -> ( Pol) -> ( Pol) - the Politician

Activate an Advisor:
Vultan the Blackmailer

Hire the Builders Guild

Action 1:
Spend six gold to upgrade the DCFC Rouge with the BOLD upgrade. Gain one glory.

Action 2:
The Revenge sails to column 1, hex 8, with Islay in sight.

The DCFC Rouge puts to sea, sailing to Islay.

Claim a Milestone:
No

Vultan the Blackmailer, after hiring Mish the Master Trader for free.

Refill the advisor roll with the 1custom25{Woods;Madman;Guide;Capt;Monkey;Savage;Wind;Soldier;Brute;Smuggler;Dock;Convict;Carp; Alch;Foreman;blacksmith;bosun;caravan;ExpPtrn;Vet;Helms;Hist;Thief;Patriot;Thug} -> ( Patriot) -> ( Patriot)

Red Turn complete, updating my province board and the map. Duke Purple is next.

Glory Track:
= 12
= 1
= 1
= 0
= 0
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 982143. gpmark
  • 1custom26{Woods;Madman;Guide;Capt;Monkey;Savage;Wind;Soldier;Brute;Smuggler;Dock;Convict;Carp; Alch;Foreman;blacksmith;bosun;caravan;ExpPtrn;Vet;Helms;Hist;Thief;Patriot;Pol;Thug} =
  • ( Pol) =
  • ( Pol)
  • advisor roll with the
  • Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:42 pm
  • [+]
  • 982156. gpmark
  • 1custom25{Woods;Madman;Guide;Capt;Monkey;Savage;Wind;Soldier;Brute;Smuggler;Dock;Convict;Carp; Alch;Foreman;blacksmith;bosun;caravan;ExpPtrn;Vet;Helms;Hist;Thief;Patriot;Thug} =
  • ( Patriot) =
  • ( Patriot)
  • advisor roll with the
  • Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:05 am
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pay 1 reputation to hire Coco, the Cannoneer
Re-fill advisor forum with 1custom25{Woods;Madman;Guide;Capt;Monkey;Savage;Wind;Soldier;Brute;Smuggler;Dock;Convict;Carp; Alch;Foreman;blacksmith;bosun;caravan;ExpPtrn;Vet;Helms;Hist;Thief;Patriot;Thug} -> ( Thief) -> ( Thief)

Activate an Advisor:
Activate Emmett

Builder's Guild

Action 1:
Spend six gold to buy a Gun Tower

+1 Glory for Gun Tower
+1 Glory for Emmett allowing purchase with all gold
+1 Glory for Building Upgrade from Game 1

Action 2:
Sail Don de Dieu to C2, R2; sail Blanche de Chambly to C3, R2

Claim a Milestone:
No milestone claimed

End of turn

Glory Track:
= 12
= 3
= 1
= 1
= 0

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 982186. Annowme
  • 1custom25{Woods;Madman;Guide;Capt;Monkey;Savage;Wind;Soldier;Brute;Smuggler;Dock;Convict;Carp; Alch;Foreman;blacksmith;bosun;caravan;ExpPtrn;Vet;Helms;Hist;Thief;Patriot;Thug} =
  • ( Thief) =
  • ( Thief)
  • with
  • Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:11 am
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick rule check: Garrison only affects Province and the equivalent of that stat is Sail/Raid on the ship, if we attack ships, correct?

(I mean, I did pick the name of the most notorious woman pirate of all time...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rees
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You may raid another player's ship in the same space as your ships. A ship is not a dangerous site. The defender picks the flagship of the attacker. The defending ship's hold is the defense. Its SAIL or RAID is the garrison (defender gets to choose). Support ships add or remove a dies from the raid pool as normal. Add 1 die to the raid pool if the attacker controls the space. Remove 1 die if the defender controls the space.

If you succeed in the raid, you may apply 1 damage to the defending ship or plunder one item from the defending flagship's hold for each success rolled. Place one enmity token in the defending player's At War With section for each damage given or plunder taken, unless the raid was in a region you control, in which case place exactly one enmity token.

So, if you were to attack Grey, both ships HOLD =2, that would be his defense. His large ship has SAIL and RAID = 3, so that would be the garrison value. His small ship has SAIL = 3, RAID = 2. He gets to choose the garrison value, so he'd pick SAIL, and again the garrison value would be 3.

Does that help?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gpmark wrote:
A ship is not a dangerous site.

Ooooh... that's a much more relevant factoid than what I was asking.

Can I get a map update? And also... I'm sorry. Whoever you end up being.

Whatever I choose my turn to be, in Winter (which we skipped) I should have taken back an enmity token, and given my expectation on who is going to be competing with me on milestones, I'm removing it from Grey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rees
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sorry, forgot about the map. will do that now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rees
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Annowme wrote:

Action 2:
Sail Don de Dieu to C3, R2; sail Blanche de Chambly to Ile Glorieux

The Blanche de Chambly's SAIL = 3, you can't get there in three. Coastal Region = 1, column 1 = 2, column 2 = 3. Same goes for the Don de Dieu. Please redo your Action #2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Neville
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
gpmark wrote:
You may raid another player's ship in the same space as your ships. A ship is not a dangerous site. The defender picks the flagship of the attacker. The defending ship's hold is the defense. Its SAIL or RAID is the garrison (defender gets to choose). Support ships add or remove a dies from the raid pool as normal. Add 1 die to the raid pool if the attacker controls the space. Remove 1 die if the defender controls the space.

So, if you were to attack Grey, both ships HOLD =2, that would be his defense. His large ship has SAIL and RAID = 3, so that would be the garrison value. His small ship has SAIL = 3, RAID = 2. He gets to choose the garrison value, so he'd pick SAIL, and again the garrison value would be 3.

Does that help?

Actually, since both my ships are at home, the garrison (doesn't matter which ship) would be 5. My province space counts as owned by me, so any raids against me this turn would remove 5 dice.

Also, I updated my province board and removed the green enmity I had.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that the Garrison is 3 and I'd remove 1 extra for being in a defender controlled space and 1 for a support ship, which I know is the same end result as Garrison 5 but my rules lawyer brain will not accept such sloppy language.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW I believe we are missing Linen buildings (Observatory and Marketplace) in the pool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rees
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Map fixed. Marketplace and Observatory added back. Really need to get me a template!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rees
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XDarkAngelX wrote:
gpmark wrote:
A ship is not a dangerous site.

Ooooh... that's a much more relevant factoid than what I was asking.

Can I get a map update? And also... I'm sorry. Whoever you end up being.

Whatever I choose my turn to be, in Winter (which we skipped) I should have taken back an enmity token, and given my expectation on who is going to be competing with me on milestones, I'm removing it from Grey.

Thanks for catching this, I did not see it in the FIRST WINTER steps, but it is appropriate for your Leader appellation to allow you to do this.

Purple has one on Grey
Green has one on Red
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Purple, I think you need to revise your province board, your enmity is in Grey's "At War" due to your respective ranks, not the opposite.

Edited: I guess you can just replace it with mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Green's Turn:

Pay 5 Gold to hire Mary Read, the Pirate

Activate an Advisor:

Activate Mary Read, the Pirate

Hire the Soldier's Guild

Action 1: Sail both my ships to C2, R2

Action 2: Raid the Don de Dieu

Seahawk +3 Raid, Hummingbird +1 Support, Pirate +2 Raid, Don de Dieu's Raid - 3 (I am assuming our friend will pick the highest value between Sail and Raid) = 3 dice.

Don de Dieu's Hold is 2, so this is a non-dangerous 2 difficulty endeavor.

3custom6{blank;blank;weak;standard;standard;strong} -> ( weak blank blank) -> ( weak blank blank)

Pay 2 Fortune to turn blanks into successes. 3 successes. No damage on Seahawk. Use 3 successes to deal 3 damage to Don de Dieu. Sink it. Put 1 of my enmity tokens into Purple's At War (should be 3 but Pirate reduces that by 2).

Gain 1 glory.

Claim a Milestone:

Claim "The Seas Embrace". Gain 4 Glory.

Exhaust the Pirate

End of turn
Gained 5 Glory (Total 5 Glory)

Province board updated

Glory Track:
= 12
= 5
= 3
= 1
= 1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 983066. XDarkAngelX
  • 3custom6{blank;blank;weak;standard;standard;strong} =
  • ( weak blank blank) =
  • ( weak blank blank)
  • Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:59 pm
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I don't understand your comment about enmity. I gave one of my enmity tokens to Gray, so I add Gray to my At War box and Gray adds Purple to its At War box. Clearly I am not understanding the way enmity is swapped.

2. So do I now have Green AND Gray to my At War box?

3. Fist shaken at you for taking that milestone and sinking my ship.

arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.