Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Stoddart
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Can anyone recommend an online store in the U.K.? I'm looking to buy Memoir '44 for my young nephew. The only catch is he lives in England but I live in Canada, so the store would have to deliver to an address that isn't the billing address. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ashiotis
United Kingdom
Caterham
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Recommend an online stor in the U.K.?
My preferred online store in the UK is boardgameguru so you could try them possibly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stoddart
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks I'll take a look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ace hawkster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1boardgameguru he operates I'm pretty sure a policy of only showing in stock items to be able to buy, also try gameslore, but the problem with them is they also sell on other sites amazon, ebay etc so you can fall foul of the buying something they don't actually have. Unfortunately difficult to beat amazon in both UK and USA ( as crazily sometimes cheaper to buy from USA than UK ??)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stoddart
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks. BoardGameGuru have Memoir '44. Which delivery is the best option, Parcelforce or Royal Mail? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Use boardgameprices.co.uk and choose any online retailer from there (except Wayland Games, but I don't think they are listed).

Royal Mail vs. Parcelforce: no difference. Choose on price (if there is a difference)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john Parkinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
its simple, the best people on the phone good prices and properly wrapped goods

Chaos cards, please dont be fooled by the name.

check it out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john Parkinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
also the worst i have found is gamesville just try and speak and complain to them, they are run from their mums house thats if you can track their phone number and they basically told me where to go when i had a damaged item, they wanted to charge me for a returned damaged goods

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Robinson
United Kingdom
Sunbury
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slingshot1100 wrote:
its simple, the best people on the phone good prices and properly wrapped goods

Chaos cards, please dont be fooled by the name.

check it out

I 2nd this recommendation. I've used them for a few years now, touch wood I've never had a problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mouldy Banana
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
enoon wrote:
Use boardgameprices.co.uk and choose any online retailer from there (except Wayland Games, but I don't think they are listed).
I was going to ask "What is wrong with Wayland Games?", but I did a quick search and found some answers. FWIW they are listed on boardgameprices.co.uk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stoddart
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
enoon wrote:
Royal Mail vs. Parcelforce: no difference. Choose on price (if there is a difference)

There's a massive difference. 1st Class post is not a guaranteed service and does not include tracking.

However, both are very reliable and Royal Mail still normally delivers within a day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
SpiralDan wrote:
enoon wrote:

There's a massive difference. 1st Class post is not a guaranteed service and does not include tracking.
I'm not sure any difference is "massive" although of course there is a difference between 1st class and 2nd class; my suggestion is simply "choose on price". You'll find the "1st class" option becomes unavailable over a certain weight anyway - leaving just the choice between Parcelforce and Royal Mail - where the buyer should buy on price. It doesn't matter to the buyer whether the service has tracking or not. Over another certain weight the only option is Parcelforce.

Also remember that 'next day delivery' is not the same as 'next day receipt'. It very much depends on when the goods are dispatched (day and indeed time of day).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Churchill
United Kingdom
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmb

These guys are fantastic, best price I could find, Great customer service and delivery and packaging is spot on!

Been using them for a few years and never had a problem

Games Lore Ltd
Unit B, Halesfield 20
Telford, TF7 4QU
United Kingdom

www.gameslore.com

Cheers
Barry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Bazmondo123 wrote:
best price I could find
Compare prices using www.boardgameprices.co.uk and be sure to consider shipping costs before placing an order.

I have never yet found one company always to have the 'best price'. It changes game-by-game, bundle-by-bundle and over time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Rules? I gotta read RULES‽
mbmbmbmbmb
Bazmondo123 wrote:

I use them frequently. Quick responses if there's an issue, subtract VAT if you're outside the EU. Their international delivery is a tad pricey, but I end up saving money anyway compared to other sites (that VAT makes a huge difference, and some UK sites still charge it to non-EU countries).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mouldy Banana
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
enoon wrote:
I have never yet found one company always to have the 'best price'. It changes game-by-game, bundle-by-bundle and over time.
I second that. Also if you're buying a whole bunch of games in one order it pays to look around, there are some stores that gives increasingly larger discounts when the value of your order goes up. I think the highest I've seen is www.shiregames.co.uk with 15% discount for orders over £250. Other stores already mentioned, like Games Lore and Board Game Guru also give discounts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Rules? I gotta read RULES‽
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I think you get 10% around £100 from Games Lore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl de-Boorder
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boardgame Hut, Guru and GamesLore have all been fantastic for me. GamesLore even through in the promo card for 7 Wonders Duel when it came back in stock which was super kind of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.