Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Owens
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just put this together and it's too big.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Use blue tac for the wings, not glue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
These may be helpful:

Fitting the harbinger into the box...
How to ship with assembled Harbinger?
Storage of Harbinger
Harbinger Assembly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Allen
United Kingdom
Manchester
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i used a heat gun to bend the wing, I did it after painting so its safe to do then also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Haddon
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't do what I did and glue the wings on. Put some tiny neodymium magnets in the joint.

I'll eventually buy another Harbinger from the Frog store and do the magnet thing. I like K&J Magnetics, Inc. for their selection and project blog.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Pierce
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Friedmutant wrote:
Don't do what I did and glue the wings on. Put some tiny neodymium magnets in the joint.

I'll eventually buy another Harbinger from the Frog store and do the magnet thing. I like K&J Magnetics, Inc. for their selection and project blog.

^^^ this
Damn harbinger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the twoe base game-boxes I use for the miniatures and the other one for the rest.
I crafted custom inserts for everything (I use double corrugated cardboard - it's not as pretty as foamcore but effective).
I made the custom insert of the miniature box ca 1.5 cm higher than the box. The harbinger fits when I lay it on the back.
When I put the lid of the box in it of course does not go all the way down to the bottom but I dont mind.
This whole construction is build for storeing not for transport. Miniatures can roll around a little bit. With plastic miniatures I found that's not a big problem. If I were to take this to conventions or even friends I'd have to add some foam in places.

P.S.: I have not painted the harbinger yet. Most of the time I put bigger miniatures like this in displays but the harbinger is not that great a mini. Big yes.. great...meeh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremi Finn
United States
Kaufman
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. This thing is unwieldy. I was thinking of bending the taller wing. When I get plastic minis in the mail, they usually arrive squished and bent out of shape. I boil some water and drop them in for a few seconds. This softens the plastic to where I can reshape it, though they almost always just return naturally to their original shape. Then it's just a quick dip in ice water to re-harden the plastic. I was wondering if anyone has tried this technique with SoB minis. They are a harder plastic than the minis I'm used to, so I don't know if it would work as well.

I'm thinking: dip the tall wing in the boiling water, dip the end in ice water (to re-harden it) leaving a soft section in the middle. Bend it there until it will fit in a box, and re-harden in ice water.

Thoughts???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a while back now but I think I have tried that. Did not work with the hard plastic SoB-Minis are made of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremi Finn
United States
Kaufman
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tested my boiling water method on a sprue I had left over from the bandit minis from the Frontier Town expansion. It worked, but not as easily as with softer plastics. I went ahead and dropped the harbinger wing in. I had to press the wing against the bottom of the pot to get it to bend, which it did, but without the precision I was hoping for. It created a pretty gradual curve, which then looked out of place next to the other wing, so I curved that one too. It now stands at just under 4 inches tall, and takes up a mere 6 inches from wing-tip to wing-tip. Overall, I am satisfied with the look, though it has gone from an impending menace to more of a skulking terror. Still cool, though, and it takes up significantly less real-estate!

The hot water did cause the paint to fade, but not peel or crack, so it should be an easy touch-up to fix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.