Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Scott
United States
Covington
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The base game doesn't really seem to integrate them enough for my tastes (no pun intended)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IMO Firefly: The Game – Blue Sun adds the best/most Reaver content. More Reaver ships, plus the Reaver/Alliance Alert Tokens that increase their movement and threat to the players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Definitely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On a tangent to this I think there needs to be additional options for Reaver start spots if you have the Kalidasa board out or the whole damn 'verse as, basically, starting the Reavers in Reaver space near Miranda in those situations makes a whole different game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Although more options never hurt, I like that the full board set up makes Kalidasa and Blue Sun feel very different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
We've done the impossible, and that makes us mighty.
badge
Ten percent of nothing is, let me do the math here, nothing into nothing, carry the nothin'...
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night we played Patience's War with Awfully Crowded in my Sky. The Reavers (and Alliance) made their presence felt from the very beginning. There was more than 1 feast last night... whistle

laugh

(edit: we used all expansions)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
reverendunclebastard wrote:
IMO Firefly: The Game – Blue Sun adds the best/most Reaver content. More Reaver ships, plus the Reaver/Alliance Alert Tokens that increase their movement and threat to the players.

Definitely this. The alert tokens alone make things different and more threatening, but the extra 2 reaver ships really make them a much bigger threat from that expansion on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmb
BeerAndBoard wrote:
On a tangent to this I think there needs to be additional options for Reaver start spots if you have the Kalidasa board out or the whole damn 'verse as, basically, starting the Reavers in Reaver space near Miranda in those situations makes a whole different game.

Starting the Reavers near Miranda makes thematic sense, given the plot of the Movie. Plus I think the Miranda jobs were weighted towards the fact of the high Reaver threat.

But you could always house-rule them to a different starting location for a particular game (or if you create your own story card, include setup instructions for alternate Reaver starts.

Of course 9 of the 24 Reaver cards have the possibility of transporting a Reaver ship to any corner of the Verse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Appreciate all the replies, although I have watch the series and the movie I'm pretty sure I know much much less of the canon as many here (I couldn't even tell you where they were encountered, Patience's moon I think blush) so quite happy with the replies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.