Popular Tags: dow [+] [View All]
Blake Phillips
United States
Montague
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick thanks to Days of Wonder for excellent customer service. I have read several critiques here for various companies and the support they offer. I think I have read more positive reviews than negative reviews. So I just want to add mine.

I was missing some figures from my copy of Battlelore. I sent off a quick email letting them know which figures I was missing. I received a quick reply stating that they were putting the figures in the mail for me. They showed up a few days later. (They were bent over but we have read many many comments on this - already fixed them )

Well done Days of Wonder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I too was missing a few pieces from my copy of battlelore and within a couple days received them!

thank you days of wonder!

......Now if I could only find a hill giant

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
Pit Crew avaialble now! The Expanse coming in October!
badge
Ludology Host and Dice Tower Contributor
mbmbmbmbmb
You know, I see threads like this alot... "I bought game X from company Y and pieces were missing. I contacted them and they sent them. What a great company!"

Now I think that most game companies are great, and are the foundation of the hobby. But do they deserve a huge thank you for fixing something they screwed up in the first place? Isn't this a pretty low bar? It's like saying "I bought a new TV and it didn't have a power cord. I called Sony and they sent one over to me without charging me or anything! And now, only a few weeks after I bought it, I can watch TV!"

Geoff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Don't be humble you're not that great -- Golda Meir
mbmbmb
Hey it's RanXerox...That's some old school Heavy Metal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hogan
United States
zimmerman
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
engelstein wrote:
You know, I see threads like this alot... "I bought game X from company Y and pieces were missing. I contacted them and they sent them. What a great company!"

Now I think that most game companies are great, and are the foundation of the hobby. But do they deserve a huge thank you for fixing something they screwed up in the first place? Isn't this a pretty low bar? It's like saying "I bought a new TV and it didn't have a power cord. I called Sony and they sent one over to me without charging me or anything! And now, only a few weeks after I bought it, I can watch TV!"

Geoff

I think to some extent you're correct, but since we are dealing with humans and humans aren't perfect you gotta love the fact that they own up to their mistakes and fix the situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Phillips
United States
Montague
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Hey it's RanXerox...That's some old school Heavy Metal.

ZNORT!!! ZZZNNNNOOORRRTTT!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Phillips
United States
Montague
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
engelstein wrote:

Geoff

I hear ya... I guess I could have been pissed off about the missing pieces... but no. My thanks was for the simplicity of solving the matter. A quick email... a quick reply... a quick turnaround on receiving the pieces. Customer Service seems like almost a dead art in the states... usually a very frustrating and drawn out process to get anywhere. So,... thanks Days of Wonder for good service and great games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Kinney
United States
Bellefontaine
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
engelstein wrote:
But do they deserve a huge thank you for fixing something they screwed up in the first place? Isn't this a pretty low bar? It's like saying "I bought a new TV and it didn't have a power cord. I called Sony and they sent one over to me without charging me or anything! And now, only a few weeks after I bought it, I can watch TV!"

Since a production and distribution process capable of producing anything with a zero defect rate simply doesn't exist in the real world, then no, I don't think its a 'low bar'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
United States
Shaker Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Whirlinghurly wrote:
engelstein wrote:

Geoff

I think to some extent you're correct, but since we are dealing with humans and humans aren't perfect you gotta love the fact that they own up to their mistakes and fix the situation.

Gosh I wish the IRS or bill collectors would accept this excuse!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Phillips
United States
Montague
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
manhattandoctor wrote:
I'll praise Days of Wonder when they finally start selling replacement decks for Memoir '44. The fact that they can't provide these is pathetic.

ahhh... I had not heard that. What a drag...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Self Appointed Senator of Good Ideas
Other-South Pacific
Coming Soon
Castle GreySkull
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
My experience with DOW has been great. It would be even better if they shipped me a free copy of Colosseum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls