Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Levi Siebens
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Has anyone tried this with a turn timer to either reduce AP prone players and speed up the game? I was thinking 15 seconds per player action and it can be paused to discuss the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Johnson
United States
Seguin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds like a good idea, but I would prefer to chess clock so I would have so much time to do 20 moves, say. That way if I get an easy move I can do less than average and a challenging move can take more time to think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
benjamin CLOVIS
France
flag msg tools
mb
Speaking of time....
I just bought the PnP version to see if this would be a good game for me to buy for the hollidays with my family. To test it out, I would like to bring it to my game night group. Knowing that this is really not their type of game (much more medium/heavy euros) I CAN convince them to play, but only if the time is right. I saw in the game description that it is listed as a 30 to 45 minute game. Is this accurate, or is it significantly longer as one poster stated here?
This group is pretty good w getting games right off the get go, and playing fast, but if I announce 30 to 45 minutes, and it is really more like 60 to 70 I will have some unhappy customers.
Thanks for your input

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Falk Hartelius
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Hi Benjamin,

Very occasionally games of 6-8 players can creep over the 45 minute mark - but this is very unusual. With 5 or fewer players it is often less than 30 minutes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
benjamin CLOVIS
France
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for your reply.
Will see if there are any takers this wednesday at game night....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.