Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Francois Gerner
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
Hey guys,

Just played my first full game today... Which inevitably led to a few questions regarding the rules. I already found quite a few answers here, but I could use some help on the rest:

1. When your units exit the map, it is said you need to place them on the Time Tracker: "That unit is then placed on any space of the Time Track the owning player wishes."
Why do you need to do that? What's the purpose of this rule?

2. My hero exited the map, but then I got another HERO! event... So I was wondering: can a second Hero event bring your Hero back into the game even though he previously exited the map to score VPs?

3. If my weapon gets jammed during a FIRE! order, does it take effect immediately? In other words, do I need to cancel the Fire Power of that weapon for the current FIRE! order?

4. In scenario map #1 can K5 shoot into N5 and the other way around?
I actually used a string to connect both central dots, and there is a tiny little bit of Woods from L5 overlapping with the LOS.

5. I am surprised to see so many Artillery Orders and so few radios in the scenario set-ups. Are there some circumstances where a radio can be added to the board after the initial set-up? (The INFILTRATION event specifically excludes radios )

On a side-note: the game ended on the same note than many other new players seems to be complaining about:
Russian player rushed through the map. As a result, the German player rushed out a few of his units too. Then those 2 remaining units were stuck in a face-off, patiently shuffling through their decks, until one finally drew a TIME! card. The ending was a bit underwhelming Hope the next games will get better!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
FangShu wrote:
1. When your units exit the map, it is said you need to place them on the Time Tracker: "That unit is then placed on any space of the Time Track the owning player wishes."
Why do you need to do that? What's the purpose of this rule?

See 6.1.2 Advancement step 5 - they reenter later as reinforcements.

Quote:
2. My hero exited the map,

Just checking: do you know that you get 0 points for a hero exiting?
See E58.1 Heroes
Also there, you'll see "An exited/eliminated Hero is always put back in the countermix." (i.e. not onto the casualty track or time track)

Quote:
3. If my weapon gets jammed during a FIRE! order, does it take effect immediately? In other words, do I need to cancel the Fire Power of that weapon for the current FIRE! order?

The weapon is jammed immediately, but it still contributed to the firepower of the current attack.

Quote:
4. In scenario map #1 can K5 shoot into N5 and the other way around?
I actually used a string to connect both central dots, and there is a tiny little bit of Woods from L5 overlapping with the LOS.

I can't see the pictures zoomed in (please upload them to your local BGG gallery, links to offsite images often go bad later anyway), but if the LOS crosses woods art, then it is indeed blocked.

Quote:
5. I am surprised to see so many Artillery Orders and so few radios in the scenario set-ups. Are there some circumstances where a radio can be added to the board after the initial set-up? (The INFILTRATION event specifically excludes radios )

See event E68. Reinforcements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bishop
United Kingdom
Lytham St. Annes
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With regard to question 1, you can also place the units/weapons on a space on the time track that has already passed.

You might want to do this if you are way ahead on points and exiting the last unit from the map would give you a win. In this situation you might not want the 'reinforcements' to appear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Olesen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BoJack Horseman wrote:

- heroes go back in the mix if exiting, but when eliminated go on the casualty track, I think I am right in saying that this counts as "in play" however, so you cannot resurrect your hero from there, only if hes in the counter mix (from the start or having exited the map on the opponents edge, remember exiting your own edge is an elimination

As Russ points out above, "An exited/eliminated Hero is always put back in the countermix, never onto the Casualty Track"

FangShu wrote:

On a side-note: the game ended on the same note than many other new players seems to be complaining about:
Russian player rushed through the map. As a result, the German player rushed out a few of his units too. Then those 2 remaining units were stuck in a face-off, patiently shuffling through their decks, until one finally drew a TIME! card. The ending was a bit underwhelming :P Hope the next games will get better!

That makes no sense to me. Maybe you did something wrong? Playing CC teaches you patience and flexibility. Things may go wrong now, but that can change any time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Gerner
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks a lot for all the clarifications

1. Oh wow. So you can exit and then spawn back on the next TIMER advance? That makes exiting VPs even more valuable!

2. I understand now. That means that if the Hero is killed he can come back in play with the next Hero card? It's a bit weird since the Hero token has a name on it. It's like Lucas gets killed and then Lucas resurrected...

3. We did that wrong. We removed its FP form the ongoing fight. Will know for next time!

4. I posted a screensot with a line connecting both dots. You can see clearly how a tiny little piece of woods touches that LOS:

(Note: I read the comment about posting in my own BGG gallery alright but I never did that before, I'll need some time to figure that out ^^)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Olsen
Denmark
Ringsted
Danmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FangShu wrote:
4. I posted a screensot with a line connecting both dots. You can see clearly how a tiny little piece of woods touches that LOS:

Yes, that is blocked in my opinion. (That was the quesiton, right?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
FangShu wrote:
2. I understand now. That means that if the Hero is killed he can come back in play with the next Hero card? It's a bit weird since the Hero token has a name on it. It's like Lucas gets killed and then Lucas resurrected...

More than one person can have the same name.

E.g. there were 4 Ryan brothers in Saving Private Ryan...

Quote:
(Note: I read the comment about posting in my own BGG gallery alright but I never did that before, I'll need some time to figure that out ^^)

Go to your profile (e.g. by clicking My Geek at the top, or your username. From there you find your personal Gallery easily:

https://boardgamegeek.com/images/user/257277/fangshu

And you can upload images to there, so they will always be visible when used in BGG threads, unlike off-site links which tend to die over time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Olsen
Denmark
Ringsted
Danmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FangShu wrote:
2. I understand now. That means that if the Hero is killed he can come back in play with the next Hero card? It's a bit weird since the Hero token has a name on it. It's like Lucas gets killed and then Lucas resurrected... :what:

You are always free to create whatever story you feel fit the gameplay. This is, to me, part of the fun of CC.

For example, I had a game where the hero turns up in a building. He went on a crazy melee charge and died. Only to turn up in the same bulding shortly after (so you know, he did not die after all, turns out he simply crawled back to lick his wounds... he *is* a hero after all).
So he retried the melee, and guess what he failed again.

Some time later he turned up again, but this time the building had been taken by my opponent. So I placed him in another building a few hexes away... Because, yes, there was a tunnel beneath the buildings : - ).

Of course he now charged the original building to retake it. Otherwise he would not have been a hero, would he?

(I honestly do not remember the outcome, but I have a feeling he died horribly... he was brave, but obviously not particularly skilled : - ))
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Gerner
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
OK, all clear now.
Thank you guys ! And thank you Michael for your entertaining Hero stories

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.