First round
2 blank 1 shield

Second round
shield was already used so I have 2 dice now
1 blank 1 shield

Third round
shield was used I have 1 die
1 shield

Is this correct? I didn't lose a single die but didn't do damage as well, but lost the combat right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Read more comics!
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you only lose dice if you take a hit, as in a hit that was not shielded.

In your scenario you would have kept rolling all three dice each round of combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You re-roll all surviving dice each round. You do not lock the shields.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Belotta
United States
Billings
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Enchained wrote:
I assigned 3 swordsmen to a Draugr.

Draugr has 1 health and 1 hit

First round
2 blank 1 shield

Second round
shield was already used so I have 2 dice now
1 blank 1 shield

Third round
shield was used I have 1 die
1 shield

Is this correct? I didn't lose a single die but didn't do damage as well, but lost the combat right?

No sir. I don't believe you lose a shield for using it. If your target survives the round of combat and you have warrior dice left over (not lost to damage) you begin a new round of combat against that target, rolling all dice that have not been lost. That's my interpretation of the rule Details of Combat 5b.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First round: two blank, one shield. The Draugr has one hit, which you block with your shield, therefore you pick up all three dice and roll them all again.

Second round, you might have beaten the Draugr if your third dice had revealed a sword (or two). But let's say it was a blank. Again, your shield blocks the attack from the Draugr, so you pick up all three dice and do it all over again.

Rinse and repeat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin M
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each shield will block one incoming damage, but shields are not "used up." Once that round is over, you pick up all the surviving dice and roll them all again. In your example, Wil is correct in that you'd be rolling all 3 dice in each round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte Pinto
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all for your answers, it helped a lot and it will change the way we play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.