Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Bonin
United States
Otsego
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The teleport card reads teleport to another room, so I assume not, but can you teleport out of the castle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ruf
United States
Acworth
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like that might be a nitpick of the rules. While it does say "room," I personally have played it like it is an advanced form of movement.

Though, I get the reasoning behind the question. I would reason that if the designer had really thought of teleporting as something different from movement, that this would not have been overlooked.

From my own personal theory on game rules, anything that creates an extra exception that needs to be learned should be avoided. Thus, since teleporting is quite similar to movement, the extra rule is not worth the effort for the times it would matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Chris. This game stands above others as striving to be particularly lax with the fiddliness of rules. So I think it is safe to assume that teleporting out of the castle is allowed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Spak

Cambridge
Massachusetts
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're asking if you can teleport out of Crystal Caves, the answer is yes. The rule is that once you enter a Crystal Cave you can't use boots to move for the rest of the turn. That means you can teleport out of caves -- since that's not using boots -- but you still won't be able to use boots once outside.

I actually can't recall the teleporting-to-leave-the-dungeon thing coming up in playtesting, but it seems like a pretty big flavor fail if that doesn't work, so I'd rule that it does.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Patuxent River
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aperfectcleanup wrote:
The teleport card reads teleport to another room, so I assume not, but can you teleport out of the castle?

I am playing a solo learning game and both the Teleporter card and the rules on Teleport say teleport to an adjacent room, which the rules further say that the room needs to be to connected to the room you're in. So you can't teleport to any room in the castle, but it can get you above ground avoiding locks, monsters, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Keller
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
ol_bubba wrote:
So you can't teleport to any room in the castle, but it can get you above ground avoiding locks, monsters, etc.

I think this is incorrect. I think the "teleport outside of the castle" question/answer is purely in reference to the connection of the top-left room with the outside.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Patuxent River
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Synnical77 wrote:
ol_bubba wrote:
So you can't teleport to any room in the castle, but it can get you above ground avoiding locks, monsters, etc.

I think this is incorrect. I think the "teleport outside of the castle" question/answer is purely in reference to the connection of the top-left room with the outside.

Thanks for clarifying the OP's question. I read it as teleporting from one room to another inside of the castle/dungeon and not as teleporting from the last room to exit the castle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
After reading through this entire thread I'm still not clear on the answer... :-/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skrell wrote:
After reading through this entire thread I'm still not clear on the answer... :-/

I'm not sure there is a definitive answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
veector wrote:
Skrell wrote:

I'm not sure there is a definitive answer.

The posts above contend:

You can teleport out of the crystal caves. (but cannot use any boots after unless you began your turn already in the caves)

You can teleport from the first room in the castle to outside since it is connected by a corridor and therefore adjacent.

To dispel any doubts because the teleportation description uses the word "room" rather than "space" I've asked the designer to chime in with an official ruling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Dennen
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
If you enter Crystal Caves on your turn, you may teleport out of them.

You can't use any boots on your turn after you've entered a Crystal Cave, even if you teleport out of the cave.

Yes, you can teleport from the first room to the flag outside the castle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.