Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Norman
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm preparing for my first game tonight & aren't clear on how you keep track of how many batches of beer you've brewed in order to meet the pre-requisites for hiring additional shift workers or brewing advanced recipes.

Do you just keep the beer tokens for everything you end up selling? It doesn't look like there's enough tokens for all players to keep if they're brewing the same types of beer so I assume they go back into the pool once a batch is sold.

Given that you need to brew 9 batches of beer before hiring the 3rd shift worker, there must be something that I'm missing...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

snorman wrote:
Do you just keep the beer tokens for everything you end up selling?

Yes! It's as simple as that.

The way we do it is, when a batch of beer is going through the processing line, we keep the side of the token that shows the VPs face-down. Then when the batch is pushed out the brewery and sold, we flip the token so the VP side is face-up, and simply stack them there.

Were you returning them to the supply after being sold? No need to do that. About your concern that there aren't enough tokens... well, that could be a possibility in some situations (there are several threads on the subject from a few years ago). But regardless, if that does happen, the best solution is to use substitute tokens from recipes that aren't in the game, that have the same VP value.

I've played the game about 20 times and have had to do that only twice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rosset
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you run out of beer tokens for a recipe, use the 2x and 4x tokens. That's what they are there for!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

rosset37 wrote:
If you run out of beer tokens for a recipe, use the 2x and 4x tokens. That's what they are there for!

Ah, of course! (slap on the head) Needing them is so rare that they almost always stay in the box and forgotten!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Norman
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rosset37 wrote:

Thanks. Completely forgot about those!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.