Subject: Cannibal Island - really difficult? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Star
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if we played this right, perhaps we should have been more aggressive finding and destroying villages? But three book cards came up in a row and we each lost 3 health. Morale drops and hunger helped finished us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maui Chris
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
Valentino Rossi Fan
badge
get this ball
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, it can be very difficult & lady luck can really thrash you. thematic, but brutal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey, buddy, can you spare a role?
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters. --Arnold J. Rimmer--
mbmbmb
Yeah, my group never had any luck with this scenario. And it didn't help that one time, due to card draws and events stacking on top of the already 1+ pawn needed for actions, we couldn't do anything because we didn't have enough pawns!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksander Idziak
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's probably the hardest original scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joffrey N.
France
Meyzieu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
u1timo wrote:
Not sure if we played this right, perhaps we should have been more aggressive finding and destroying villages? But three book cards came up in a row and we each lost 3 health. Morale drops and hunger helped finished us.

This scenario is mostly luck driven. So basically when you end in this specific situation (3 books in a row), there is not much you can do...shake

But I'm a bit against the flow here, and I found it not so difficult after all, once you get a good strategy and you are a bit lucky on events.

My opinion can be a little twisted though as I mostly play solo on Robinson, so I'm not sure how it goes with several players on this scenario.

The experience I had on the game, show me that the 6th scenario is eventually much more difficult solo than cannibals. Robinson Family took me about 11th tries to win it solo, but Cannibals maybe 2 or 3.

Good luck on your next games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksander Idziak
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could be true. In case of Robinson Family number of players impacts difficulty and it's hardest solo. Maybe even harder than Cannibals' Island.
I didn't tried it solo. I won it at 3rd attempt with 2 players. For Cannibals's Island you need good strategy and some luck. Random factor (number of "book" events in early turns of the game) is much more important here than in other scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alek2 wrote:
Could be true. In case of Robinson Family number of players impacts difficulty and it's hardest solo. Maybe even harder than Cannibals' Island.
I didn't tried it solo. I won it at 3rd attempt with 2 players. For Cannibals's Island you need good strategy and some luck. Random factor (number of "book" events in early turns of the game) is much more important here than in other scenarios.

I've beaten family Robinson solo several times but never cannibal island.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joffrey N.
France
Meyzieu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nickbolton wrote:
I've beaten family Robinson solo several times

Please let me know how you did this
Unless extremely lucky with the starting inventions, I can't find any simple way to win it here...
Ive created a thread about it if you're willing to share your thoughts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.