United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Ok, maybe just a little...
badge
Love me. Hate me.
mbmbmbmbmb
We played the Assassins Scenario yesterday and have a couple of questions.

1. Are your physical Mark tokens "used up" when you place a hit instead of Mark? Since each player only has 12 Mark Tokens (one for each voter), does that mean they can only Mark and/or Hit 12 times in a game?

2. If that is the case, then do the Marks used as Hits count for the Most Marks voter?

3. Also, at the end of Round 2 or during Round 3 (when you send yourself to the Infirmary), are you required to spend your Mark Tokens?

Thanks!

Argent wrote:
During this scenario, whenever you gain a Mark, you an use that Mark to place Hit instead of marking a Voter. Use spare Mana tokens to count as Hits. If you gain two or more Marks at once due to an effect, you cannot use place [sic] multiple Hits on the same Voter by that affect (eg. if you gain 3 Marks, and convert them all to Hits, you have to pick 3 different targets).

At the end of the round (except round 3) a voter with 3 or more Hits is discarded and a new face-down voter replaces it from the stack of unused voters. All Marks are removed from the new voter.

Voters who are removed in this way are returned to the box and cannot reappear later. Face-up Voters cannot be assigned Hits.

Round 1 - Round End: In turn order, each player gains a Mark. This Mark can only be used to Mark a Voter.
Round 2 - Round End: In turn order, each player gains a Mark. This Mark can only be used to Hit a Voter.
Round 3 - Ongoing: As an action, you may send a Mage to the Infirmary. You gain no Infirmary bonus, but you may place one Hit on up to two different voters.
Round 4 - Ongoing: Each time you place a Hit during this round, lose 1 IP.
Round 5 - Ongoing: Hits cannot be place during this round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

1. No, your Marks are not used to place Hits. You place Hits INSTEAD of marking.

2. N/A

3. N/A

So sorry for the super-late response!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Venters
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Ok, maybe just a little...
badge
Love me. Hate me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:

1. No, your Marks are not used to place Hits. You place Hits INSTEAD of marking.

I see. We were a little confused by the verbiage, "you an use that Mark to place Hit instead of marking a Voter"

Thus, we were using Mana as Hits, but for each one we would set one of our Mark Tokens aside (a.k.a. use) to indicate it had been used as a Hit. It definitely affected the number of hits used during the game.

Thanks for the clarification!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ClimberStephen wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

I see. We were a little confused by the verbiage, "you an use that Mark to place Hit instead of marking a Voter"

Thus, we were using Mana as Hits, but for each one we would set one of our Mark Tokens aside (a.k.a. use) to indicate it had been used as a Hit. It definitely affected the number of hits used during the game.

Thanks for the clarification!

Yea, my wording on those cards is not my best work, sorry!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.