Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Couldn't find anything that said exhausted enemies lose keywords so I assume they still retaliate if exhausted but thought I'd check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
msg tools
mb
The back of the 'Learn to Play' guide says (for 'Retaliate'): "If an investigator fails a skill test while attacking an enemy that has the retaliate keyword, the enemy (IF IT IS READY) performs its attack (damage and horror) against the investigator."

So an exhausted enemy would not be able to retaliate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bowling
msg tools
mb
Just wanted to second that above poster is correct - exhausted enemies do not retaliate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jani Pietikäinen
Finland
Lahti
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, could it be said that an easy memory rule is:
"Exhausted enemies don't do anything except ready during the Upkeep Phase"?

I haven't got the game yet, so I have yet to test this presumption is action, but reading through both of the rule books it seems to me that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dee
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
pietu85 wrote:
Actually, could it be said that an easy memory rule is:
"Exhausted enemies don't do anything except ready during the Upkeep Phase"?

I haven't got the game yet, so I have yet to test this presumption is action, but reading through both of the rule books it seems to me that way.

Card text can obviously override this and there's an important (and not wholly intuitive) example of this in the Core Set's campaign.

One of the Agenda cards has forced text which causes a certain enemy type to move at the end of the Enemy Phase, and this movement applies even to exhausted enemies of that type. The scenario and Agenda being
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Chapter 1, The Gathering, Agenda 3a.

I don't mention this as any kind of correction to anything said here, just as a reminder for players to have in the back of their mind as they run through Night Of The Zealot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure exhausted Hunter enemies will still move. I didn't see anything in the rules that said otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Donkler wrote:
I'm pretty sure exhausted Hunter enemies will still move. I didn't see anything in the rules that said otherwise.

No, exhausted Hunters do NOT move.

Rules Reference: "During the enemy phase (in framework step 3.2), each ready, unengaged enemy with the hunter keyword moves to a connecting location, along the shortest path towards the nearest investigator."

Exhausted enemies are not "ready", so this would not apply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SirRoke wrote:
Donkler wrote:

No, exhausted Hunters do NOT move.

Rules Reference: "During the enemy phase (in framework step 3.2), each ready, unengaged enemy with the hunter keyword moves to a connecting location, along the shortest path towards the nearest investigator."

Exhausted enemies are not "ready", so this would not apply.

Ah ok that's good! There are like 4 times in the rulebook where it says enemies with the Hunter keyword move, but only half of them specify they have to be ready to do that, so that's probably why I was confused
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.