$30.00
Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
24 Posts

Matt Cocuzzi» Forums » Off Topic

Subject: PbF Game Test -- In-Character Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: PbF_started_2016 [+] [View All]
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
One Overtext To Rule Them All
badge
One Overtext To Rule Them All
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick bit of background.
First: Thanks for play-testing this! There's a lot of work-in-progress things we'll find, so please feel free to comment/etc.

Second: Character generation will happen as-we-go, which is something I've seen on reddit a few times under r/rpg, so I want to try it out. Technically, you don't even need a name just yet, but feel free to pick one. Also, don't worry about describing yourself yet -- it's too dark to see!

Third: Uh.... have fun? Yeah! Have fun!

Fourth: "Try stuff." This is going to be full of chances to tinker with anything you can imagine.


//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

You wake up. It’s dark, and cold, and you quickly realize you are crammed together. A few of you are in contact with something cold, flat, and metallic. One of you is touching something plastic. You can hear a faint dripping sound and, off in the distance, sounding muffled, you hear what sounds like a few beeps, a wheezing sound, some clicking, and then a loud slam.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Saxon
United States
Kent
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
*I sheild myself to the beat of my abilities as I move away from the loud slam.*
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
One Overtext To Rule Them All
badge
One Overtext To Rule Them All
mbmbmbmbmb
You're unable to move very well, but you push off of the others and feel the plastic thing move. Barely. It feels sort of like a wall but it's probably above you -- it's hard to tell given the close quarters.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Hopkins
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
We're on an express elevator to hell; going down!
mbmbmbmbmb
Skrapion sits up the best she can her power levels are low she remembers nothing since....



She opens her eyes and illuminates her near surroundings.



2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
One Overtext To Rule Them All
badge
One Overtext To Rule Them All
mbmbmbmbmb
Krazyman Karg wrote:
Skrapion sits up the best she can her power levels are low she remembers nothing since....
...
She opens her eyes and illuminates her near surroundings.


Skrapion pushes, the plastic thing flipping open slightly. She activates her lights and everyone else is blinded briefly before adjusting their sensor packages to the new light source.

See the OOC thread!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy W
United States
Wheatfield
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beedlebop - Tiny Treaded - Where Am I?
Beedlebop starts a systems check. Rotating treads, moving its laser arm, slowly turning the winch at its front.

The air is sampled for any dangerous compounds, and finally a low power pulse is routed to the laser, warming it in case it is needed.

It does not move from its location, sensors trained on the other bots.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
One Overtext To Rule Them All
badge
One Overtext To Rule Them All
mbmbmbmbmb
The other bots are undergoing boot-up checks as well, and the air seems perfectly safe, particularly for robots.

assume that you have a form of communication to "talk" to the other robots. Or maybe multiple forms. Talking to non-robots will be harder though
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy W
United States
Wheatfield
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beedlebop - Tiny Treaded - What Of the Makers?
Beedlebop surveys the room, searching for signs of organic life.

"Are the makers safe?"

"Did they avoid calamity?"

"Must be free."


Beedlebop will attempt to move about the space, freeing any of the bots that look to need help.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Hopkins
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
We're on an express elevator to hell; going down!
mbmbmbmbmb
Skrapion churns through her memory banks.

"I must run a diagnostic my memory holds no data on this calamity or makers you speak of! Please expand?."
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
One Overtext To Rule Them All
badge
One Overtext To Rule Them All
mbmbmbmbmb
dragontrainer wrote:
Beedlebop surveys the room, searching for signs of organic life.

"Are the makers safe?"

"Did they avoid calamity?"

"Must be free."


Beedlebop will attempt to move about the space, freeing any of the bots that look to need help.



Beedlebop does not sense any organic life, but notes that getting out of the container its in will take some considerable effort.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
One Overtext To Rule Them All
badge
One Overtext To Rule Them All
mbmbmbmbmb
After a few minutes of background scans and sweeps, the robots come to the collective decision that they must be in a small metal bin, roughly the exact size and shape of a dumpster.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy W
United States
Wheatfield
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beedlebop - Tiny Treaded - Escape!
Beedlebop responds:

"Have not seen makers in many revolutions.

"Placed in vessel and sent away.

"New home to be found for makers.


The tiny bot examines the metal bin to determine where the opening is, and in what orientation the bin finds itself.

"If opening found, can grasp with hook and extricate.

"Must explore."


2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
One Overtext To Rule Them All
badge
One Overtext To Rule Them All
mbmbmbmbmb
Beedlebop finds a way to pry open the lid and might be able to climb out with some effort.

i'll post more later with some more info
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy W
United States
Wheatfield
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beedlebop - Tiny Treaded - Efforting
Beedlebop focuses his effort on climbing out.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
One Overtext To Rule Them All
badge
One Overtext To Rule Them All
mbmbmbmbmb
dragontrainer wrote:
Beedlebop focuses his effort on climbing out.


It takes some effort, but Beedlebop manages to push the lid open, allowing a thin red streak of light to enter the bin. Using its hinged arm -- and another bot for leverage -- Beedlebop hurls itself outside the bin, lowering itself using its grappling hook winch, landing on a metal floor about two feet down.

You find yourself at the end of a long, narrow hallway that has a track running along the middle of it. There are a few dim red lights at the dead-end of the hallway, their glow is enough to realize there are dozens of fluorescent lights in the tile drop-ceiling but they’re all off. The hallway is mostly metal. The walls are a semi-smooth metal that, with enough light, you can see is slightly corroded and not painted at all. The bottom of the walls ends has a small lip of semi-dry grease. The floor itself is diamond-plate metal and the grooves have a thin layer of grease, and the two foot wide track in the middle is raised from the floor by about six inches. The sides of it are smooth, greased metal, and the top of the track is covered in thousands of casters. The container you were in is obviously larger than you, but not much more could have fit inside it. It is metal walled and has large rubber tires on the bottom, and a large plastic lid hinged so that the lid opens facing the dead end.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Hopkins
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
We're on an express elevator to hell; going down!
mbmbmbmbmb
Skrapion works to free herself from the jumble of other bots. Once she has managed to climb on the lip of the container she looks to see if any of the other constructs are able to function and attempts to help them out.

She examines her surroundings watching Beedlebop.


"I've got a bad feeling about this!."

She instinctively reaches down to her waist and feels for the comfort of her pistol.....
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
One Overtext To Rule Them All
badge
One Overtext To Rule Them All
mbmbmbmbmb
Krazyman Karg wrote:
Skrapion works to free herself from the jumble of other bots. Once she has managed to climb on the lip of the container she looks to see if any of the other constructs are able to function and attempts to help them out.

She examines her surroundings watching Beedlebop.


"I've got a bad feeling about this!."

She instinctively reaches down to her waist and feels for the comfort of her pistol.....


Skrapion and Beedlebop quickly help the other semi-functional bots out of the bin, but doesn't seem to have her favored pistol. She instead finds a small taser that she thinks will be only moderately useful.

Some of the bots have annoyingly bright lights, which at least help illuminate the hallway.

You can see that the dead-end wall is actually a very large door that slides up or down on some mechanism hidden behind it or maybe in the walls. There’s no indication as to specifically how it opens, or how big the door itself is, as it is fully embedded in the walls, ceiling, and floor.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
One Overtext To Rule Them All
badge
One Overtext To Rule Them All
mbmbmbmbmb
The robots hear an ominous clang from the far end of the hallway and a blinking red light illuminates that end as well.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy W
United States
Wheatfield
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I somehow missed the subscription note for this...

Beedlebop will roll over to the wall. Beedlebop looks for a place to attach its grappling hook, then following the wall will move closer to the red light to examine it. Should any danger appear, Beedlebop will roll away at top speed, using the winch if necessary for an extra burst of speed.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
One Overtext To Rule Them All
badge
One Overtext To Rule Them All
mbmbmbmbmb
Been there! I'll post an update tonight... don't have my notes with me. No danger (yet) though, so don't panic!!

devildevildevil
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy W
United States
Wheatfield
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shoot, why didn't I think of putting a "panic alarm" as one of my add-ons...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
One Overtext To Rule Them All
badge
One Overtext To Rule Them All
mbmbmbmbmb
dragontrainer wrote:
Shoot, why didn't I think of putting a "panic alarm" as one of my add-ons...


more will be 'revealed' later, once the robots have a better idea of what's going on, but until then...

Beedlebop's obscenely large yellow-orange light maintains it's Operational-But-Not-Alarmed periodic blinking.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Hopkins
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
We're on an express elevator to hell; going down!
mbmbmbmbmb
Skrapion's diagnostic completes.

Vague images appear, optical receptors try to focus, some force is holding her down leaving her face close to the floor she lies in a kind of sticky red liquid.

Olfactory sensors, recognise it as organic.

Audio receptors, "I want you to know you failed and your nothing more than Scrap iron." Crashing and banging "Take it away and dispose of it!"

Pain sensors, Massive electrical discharge primary system's shutting down to protect Core functions

"Careful I believe we are in some kind of crusher or furnace!"

She inspects the floor expecting it to be a conveyor belt system.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
One Overtext To Rule Them All
badge
One Overtext To Rule Them All
mbmbmbmbmb
Skrapion is reasonably sure she is correct. The track in the floor isn't so much a conveyor belt as just a guide for the giant bin of broken robots, but the end purpose is the same. She is fairly certain that they are currently safe, though what lies beyond the door next to the trash bin she was previously riding in is left to be determined...

The other end of the hallway has a door similar to the one at the other end of the hallway. Four red lights -- one at each corner of the door -- are lit and a big yellow WARNING sign adorns the massive door. The track goes through this door just like on the other end of the hallway. Next to the big door, on the wall, is a man-sized door, lifeless blue with a stainless steel handle, stainless steel lock, and small safety-glass window that is nearly 8 inches by 8 inches with criss-crossed metal wire inside the glass.

Beyond the door is a small landing and a long stairway, maybe thirty steps, and another door at the top of the stairs.


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.