$15.00
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, all,

just played my first session (and got eaten by a Ghoul), so now the inevitable question...

Roland's .38 Special says:

Quote:
=>> Spend 1 Ammo: Fight ...effect...

i interpret that as:

- spend an Action (cost of the =>> symbol) and 1 Ammo Token [from this card] to initiate a new Fight and to apply the following effect to that Fight.

i'm just trying to confirm that paying the =>> cost does indeed also cover the cost of entering this Fight, and that the Fight does not have to be a previously-paid-for "triggering condition" (as per Costs, page 7) nor a separate sort of cost/precondition altogether (which i have yet to come across).

Put bluntly (but less precisely), "does firing the .38 Special require 1 Action (i.e., a single =>> ) or 2 (i.e., =>> + Fight)"?

:-?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaggy Bob
Australia
flag msg tools
We have been playing as "spend 1 ammo token to take the action (1 action) to fight. So yes spend 1 ammo and take 1 action to fight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Lowe
Scotland
Glasgow
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just one action, according to p3 of the rules reference:

Action Designators
Some abilities have bold action designators (such as Fight, Evade, Investigate, or Move). Activating such an ability performs the designated action as described in the rules, but modified in the manner described by the ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kellhus wrote:
Just one action, according to p3 of the rules reference:

Action Designators
Some abilities have bold action designators (such as Fight, Evade, Investigate, or Move). Activating such an ability performs the designated action as described in the rules, but modified in the manner described by the ability.

Thank you - i saw that (in another thread) but was struggling with what i perceived as an ambiguity between that and "Costs" (page 7), which i have since decided was a misunderstanding on my part with regards to Cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Bird
Antarctica
msg tools
mbmbmb
You are using one of your three action to take the Activate action, which is what that little arrow symbol is. You use up a token and the fight action with all the bonuses happens.

Activate Action is on Page 4 of the rules reference.

Phoenix

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.