Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mikkel Rasmussen
Denmark
Helsingør
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I'm playing the solo variant for the first time, and I have a question about the Acquire Resources-action.

The setup tells you to put the two markers ( Energy and Cultures)at zero (off the board).

The rules says: "The Rouge Player acquires resources just as if it were a player, exept that its galaxy produces both energy and culture"

So, if I roll an energy, do I move both the energy AND the culture markers up one space on the Rouge Galaxy mat? If thats the case, why do I need both the energy cube and the culture cube?

English isn't my native language, so that might explain why i dont get it, because it do not make sense to me

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it just means Culture dice are triggered by its home galaxy as well as energy dice. So when it rolls energy, include its home galaxy in the count of matching planets its ships are on; when it rolls culture, include its home galaxy in that count too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Rasmussen
Denmark
Helsingør
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
njshaw2 wrote:
No, it just means Culture dice are triggered by its home galaxy as well as energy dice. So when it rolls energy, include its home galaxy in the count of matching planets its ships are on; when it rolls culture, include its home galaxy in that count too.

Ahhhh...of course! Makes sense now.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Little
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
maxell wrote:
njshaw2 wrote:

Thanks!

No wonder I got obliterated my first game, I was giving the rogue both each time! Lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Daoust
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kdlittle88 wrote:
maxell wrote:
njshaw2 wrote:

Thanks!

No wonder I got obliterated my first game, I was giving the rogue both each time! Lol

Same here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Neal
United States
Valrico
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
So even if the Rogue Galaxy has not landed or orbited any planet, if it rolls energy or culture, it will still get one for its home Galaxy right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Janked wrote:
So even if the Rogue Galaxy has not landed or orbited any planet, if it rolls energy or culture, it will still get one for its home Galaxy right?

One for each ship in its home galaxy, yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.