Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The D6 ship is far from unstoppable, but put me in mind of what it looks like from the other side. The unstoppable single ship or monster which comes on and on, no matter what you try to do, until it achieves its goal.

I can almost see somebody coming up with a game where you act as the Admiral for a large number of smaller vessels who are trying to stop some planet killer monster from destroying their home system. Think about a game where you're managing a large number of Starfleet vessels who are trying to stop a doomsday machine from destroying Earth. You'd be doing this from an operational level so you'd have a lot more ships than you can handle in a tactical game. I wouldn't know how to do it, but it almost seems like it would be the inversion of this game.

It could even be a 2 player game -- DM vs. a player choosing the threat cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
carbon_dragon wrote:
I can almost see somebody coming up with a game where you act as the Admiral for a large number of smaller vessels who are trying to stop some planet killer monster from destroying their home system. Think about a game where you're managing a large number of Starfleet vessels who are trying to stop a doomsday machine from destroying Earth. You'd be doing this from an operational level so you'd have a lot more ships than you can handle in a tactical game. I wouldn't know how to do it, but it almost seems like it would be the inversion of this game.

Steve Jackson's Star Fist whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
carbon_dragon wrote:

Steve Jackson's Star Fist whistle

It looks pretty close to the 2 player idea. I'm guessing that it didn't do very well when it was published, I wonder how good a game it is? Also since I'm imagining a sort of inverse for D6, I would want it to have a good solitaire variant. Thanks for bringing it up though, I'm going to go have a look at that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micheal Kuhn

Redlands
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Astra Titanus from Victory Point Games is EXACTLY that game!!! And it's 20% off thru Monday.

It's a fun little game.
Cheers,
Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Kuhner wrote:
Astra Titanus from Victory Point Games is EXACTLY that game!!! And it's 20% off thru Monday.

It's a fun little game.
Cheers,
Mike

Ogre in space. I'll have to pick it up after thanksgiving. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.