Subject: Reaching end of scoring track! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Letts
United Kingdom
Leicester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played this game for the first time tonight and I'm not sure if we played correctly. On the final scoring I easily reached the end of the scoring track. I'm pretty sure I didn't play that well,(sort of learning the game) and I forgot the bonus for the descendant tile I had a few times in the game as well. I just wondered what scores other players have been reaching.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias M
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Act as usual: start a second round at 0 = 50 points and keep in mind that you have to add 50 to the score.

Other games have special "+50 victory points" cardboard chits for such cases. Ulm has not, but I do not mind, especially because it only happened in final scoring for me.

BTW: I have played the game twice. A 2 player game which I won with exactly 50 VPs and a 4 player game where I was 2nd with 57 VPs. Both without events.
(Events are the special rules for each round on the back side of the round tiles. They can easily increase final scores because they are mostly positive.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Letts
United Kingdom
Leicester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll be playing the game again tomorrow, so I'll be able to determine the winner this time. (I gave up adding the final scores on my first game, because I thought we'd played incorrectly)
I wish every game where you lap the score track had 50+ or 100+ tokens
I've got some wooden gaming coins with 50 on them, so I'll put a few near the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bancroft
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment.
mbmbmbmbmb
When someone reaches 50 I hand out....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Brightbart
msg tools
I played/learnt my first game (2 player) last night and won with exactly 49 points! Felt like a perfect conclusion. Hmm 49 points? Game of 49? Now there's an idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.