Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Bowie
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mb
I had a look at the rules video, and it doesn't look like my sort of game. But maybe I'm missing something? What are you reasons for backing this game?

(I'm not really looking for anyone to convince me; just curious about what everyone's liking most about this game/campaign!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like fun!

Great visuals (minis, boards), solid mechanics, various ways to play.

I really like the idea, that you do not have pre-built armies, which often is the case in games like this. Therefore, you can just put this on the table and play with others (who do not also have the game).

It just looks like a great package all-around.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Clapperton
United Kingdom
Hebburn
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
mbmb
For me, it's first and foremost the gameplay. It's fast and simple but with a lot of tactical depth. It gives you options all the way through, and relies on you make good choices and making the most of synergies throughout. That it has other game modes, great minis and production values, and draws on Greek myth is a bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mb
I think the box art looks quite nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Activation Cards. They do a good job simulating big dumb monsters vs. nimble smaller guys.

Of course, being 28mm and usable in other games doesn't hurt, either!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For me the theme the quality(looks great but will see at the end) and the mechanism of dice in the battle are the most important things and the most attractive......Oooo I forgot the combos that you could do with all these army of titans-gods-monsters heroes- soldiers
My only thought is how this game play with 4players.....I don't want a game that would be great only for 2.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Clapperton
United Kingdom
Hebburn
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
mbmb
It works just as well with four players as with two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure what I like most (and some things remain to be seen after playing it, so ask again in 14 months or so ;-) but:

1. The minis and theme: I like the antique world theme and a lot of the minis look gorgeous;
2. The fact that there's good 1vs1 and 2vs2 modes. Most board games don't offer that; most just offer the best gameplay if it's everyone for him/herself and preferably with 4-5 players;
3. The drafting stuff and endless "deck" combinations so it never gets old and is different each time. It sort of reminds me of M:tG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
matsas wrote:
For me the theme the quality(looks great but will see at the end) and the mechanism of dice in the battle are the most important things and the most attractive......Oooo I forgot the combos that you could do with all these army of titans-gods-monsters heroes- soldiers
My only thought is how this game play with 4players.....I don't want a game that would be great only for 2.....

The game is playable with 3 players: 1vs1vs1.

It is also playable with 4 players: 1vs1vs1vs1vs1 or 2vs2.

We ran more than 800 public demoes and I can tell you that these modes are very solid. 1vs1vs1 and 1vs1vs1vs1vs1 are more chaotic because players set temporary alliances and back each other in the back at the opportune time. Very fun.

2vs2 is more tactical just like the 1vs1 but with a cooperative dimension. You and your friend has to team up to build a strategy and a complementary war band. The fact that you can win by killing one of the two opposite gods brings further strategy to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Benoit0905 wrote:
The fact that you can win by killing one of the two opposite gods brings further strategy to the game.

I think so too! Would sound like a good job for Ares!! laugh

That said, I found it a pity that Artemis (as the only God) doesn't get an attack bonus as Divinity card upgrade. Would think that with her devastating ranged "nowhere to hide" attack (especially while standing on a rock) she'd be quite a competent God killer!

I hope there will be a few generic Divinity cards added with just "+1 range" or "+1 attack" so you can pick a divinity according to need! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Teowulff wrote:
Benoit0905 wrote:
The fact that you can win by killing one of the two opposite gods brings further strategy to the game.

I think so too! Would sound like a good job for Ares!! laugh

That said, I found it a pity that Artemis (as the only God) doesn't get an attack bonus as Divinity card upgrade. Would think that with her devastating ranged "nowhere to hide" attack (especially while standing on a rock) she'd be quite a competent God killer!

I hope there will be a few generic Divinity cards added with just "+1 range" or "+1 attack" so you can pick a divinity according to need! cool

Arthemis has 5 activation cards and a starting range of 3… So with an extra attack, she could be completely cheated as she could attack up to 10 times per deck cycle...

About the divinity cards you will note that they are no all about getting a +1 somewhere. Did you check out Athena and Hades as an example?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Benoit0905 wrote:
Teowulff wrote:

Arthemis has 5 activation cards and a starting range of 3… So with an extra attack, she could be completely cheated as she could attack up to 10 times per deck cycle...

About the divinity cards you will note that they are no all about getting a +1 somewhere. Did you check out Athena and Hades as an example?

I did .. cool ..
Hades and Athena get a +1 dice at 2 omphalos? Only Hermes and Artemis doesn't get it as far as I can see on the cards .. but indeed, Artemis gets a +1 @3 omphalos, hermes gets +1 def.

Although Ares with his double activation does get a +1 dice .. for even more powerful attacks?

Anyway, we'll see! It's hard to wait so long! ^^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Khian Foo
United States
Minot
North Dakota
flag msg tools
There are few reasons why people back this game.
1. The theme. I guess the idea of Pantheon is gonna be like Cthulhu for the next few years (maybe better). I think the theme just caught people attention and it's a theme that is not dark/scary but has cool monsters and heroes. Heroic theme just a theme that people like (ex. Marvel Dice Master). You can recall the character that you used previously that leads players to good conversation

2. The miniature. If you're a huge fan of miniature game, this is a must-go. Most of the Pantheon themed miniature are very costly. With the recent release of Conan, backers have good impression on the miniatures despite the delay of the product.

3. The gameplay. I think this game is easy to teach or learn. Is just like one of those game that have cool miniatures with easy gameplay. Not everyone likes to learn a game for a long time and play a 60 mins game. The focus of the game is more on combat and less strategy.

My reason of backing:
Simple concept game with valuable miniatures. The boards have great details and save time to set up (unlike the Others: good game but take some time to setup). Kickstarter exclusives are awesome especially the miniatures. Most importantly, I prefer games that is easy to teach because it's easier for my group of friends to have interest in playing the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the Florian Trout
United States
Arvada
CO
flag msg tools
it's all about theme for me...well, theme and the miniatures. however, for me, the theme drives everything. if the game was in a generic world with nice miniatures, i wouldn't be looking and definitely not backing it.

then, if it came out (generic world) and happened to be a fantastic game and was mass produced, i would look into it...maybe.

for instance, Dominion. it's a very good game, but i will never play it again. to me it holds no interest. i could play Checkers with the same enthusiasm.

Theme is everything to me. without a theme, it's almost pointless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Teowulff wrote:
[q="Benoit0905"][q="Teowulff"]
I did .. cool ..
Hades and Athena get a +1 dice at 2 omphalos? Only Hermes and Artemis doesn't get it as far as I can see on the cards .. but indeed, Artemis gets a +1 @3 omphalos, hermes gets +1 def.

Although Ares with his double activation does get a +1 dice .. for even more powerful attacks?

Anyway, we'll see! It's hard to wait so long! ^^

The first unlocked ability tends to be indeed a +1. But the second one tends to be more "sophisticated". For example, Hades' second ability forces opponents to discard a card when one of their non Troop Unit dies. The second ability of Athena, is to search her deck for up to 2 cards...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
C3Gaming wrote:
I had a look at the rules video, and it doesn't look like my sort of game. But maybe I'm missing something? What are you reasons for backing this game?

(I'm not really looking for anyone to convince me; just curious about what everyone's liking most about this game/campaign!)

The Titan. That's the reason why.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brain Less
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The fact that all the extra minis are usable right from the start. The more stretch goals, the bigger the draft pool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The original was amazing and one of my favourite games. Like ever.

This is looking better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Sarimrune wrote:
The original was amazing and one of my favourite games. Like ever.

This is looking better.

Thank you, this is very kind. I ensure that the new game is way better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nottr der Barbar
Germany
Braunschweig
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
I tested it at Essen 2016 and it was the only game (out of 17 games I playtested there), which really overwhelmed me.
It was quick and simple to learn and teach, has a nice theme and scenarios/campagnes, so you can play it with a lot of people, even no-geeks. But it is also deep enough for competitive draft play - and surely is with all that stretch goal bonus miniatures - that you can play it with geeks. And the miniatures are ok, some of them are really very good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clanggedin Silverbeard
United States
SALEM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both the minis and the gameplay. There aren't many mini games that I know of that have so many different build options for your team. I also need to get this so I can do Conan crossover stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siel Oren
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i love the character design and i want to team with all these beautiful creatures and win the world with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.