5 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » Rules

Subject: Spoilers! Loose cannon questions + Hoth expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Cook
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi all, first time post and using my tablet, there will be some spoilers but not sure how to hide them. Keep this in mind if you are a rebel and not played the mission yet!

Doing my second play through but first time as an imperial. Playing the Hoth expansion and about to do loose cannon as a second mission. I have read the other forum posts about this mission but some questions have not been answered from my research.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
1. I have the bane that effectively stuns a "hero" on turn 1. From looking at other posts I know Mak basically counts as a rebel ally card this mission. It does say on his first activation he effectively activates the ATST. I know a push but think I can use the bane and make him only get one action?

2. This was divided on the forums.... Moving over the black line from hanger to testing ground. To clarify, all units can do this including the ATST? Effectively it can move out to the rocky area? It can move in the hanger, does this include corridors which is effectively a different tile?

3. My rebels have the robot that heals, can he use medical cards on the ATST?

Summary of other posts that would be handy to get confirmed:

ATST can't double attack.

Threat does not increase effectively starting with round 4, I can though keep spare threat and use it say on round 6 or 7 if I of course have imperial figures alive. This is mission 2 in the Hoth campaign, I will have 8 threat total for the whole mission?

Thank you in advance for any response and if someone can spoiler my text I would appreciate it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Due to the wording of the mission rule, the Distractions bane would not do anything if you gave it to Mak, because Mak doesn't take any actions. The AT-ST activates as a result of Mak activating and has separate conditions and damage from Mak, and won't be under the Bane's control.

2. Effectively the walls between them do not exist. (Ignore the rules discussions, we know the wording is not as good as it should be.) The AT-ST cannot enter spaces on the side corridors (inside spaces), only the hangar and outdoor spaces.

3. Yes, MHD-19 just can't get the effects of medical cards himself.

AT-ST is not a hero and can thus only perform oneaction during its activation to perform attack(s).

You can spend threat even when the threat counter cannot increase. Unless you have Imperial Informants, 10 seems to be what you get. 4 during special setup, then 2 for each Increase Threat step of rounds 1, 2, and 3.

Note the exact order of the status phase. 4.End of round effects happen during the End of Round step, after 1.increase threat, 2.ready, 3.deploy/reinforce steps and before 5.Increase round counter.

From SWIA007, played at threat level 2:
2. PBF SWIA007: Loose Cannon (2mb)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cook
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks a1bert.

Really helpful information, i thought i was reaching a bit with the bane, thank you for clearing it up.

MHD-19 using healing seems really broken, might need to change my plan, making him withdraw before bothering with the AT-ST.

I was playing the game as getting threat at the start of the next round and not being able to use it until the next round, thank you for letting me know it is at the end of each round for reinforcments at the start of the next.

Also logged in on the PC and found out how to spoiler my post

Once again thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cook
United Kingdom
flag msg tools

My group has still not got round to playing this mission yet, I thought about it some more and have an additional question.

I am using the submissive class deck as the imperial player.

The starting card "Prey upon doubt" has:

Exhaust this card when a rebel figure declares an attack, the rebel figure either chooses to suffer one strain or apply -1 surge.

If i use this on the AT-ST does it always cancel the surge, can the rebel player choose to take a wound and get the surge?

Look forward to any helpful response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When used against figures that do not have Endurance, such as Allies or the Mak-AT-ST in Loose Cannon, they are allowed to choose to suffer the strain, which makes them suffer damage instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.