Space Empires: 4X» Forums » Rules

Subject: Carried Over CP - 30 CP limit rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BrentS
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A rules posting browse from as far back as 2011 revealed this post from Jim, concerning a rules alteration to limit CP carried over to 30 for use in the following Economic Phase.

Jim had mentioned in this thread that he was planning to make this official and add it to the next update (1.2) of the Living Rules, but five years down the track 1.1 is still the most recent version of the Living Rules at the GMT website and there is no mention of this rule change in that version.

I understand that most posters felt this would not affect play too much but I have certainly found it a viable strategy in solo games to build a bank of CP for fleet construction until I know the capabilities of the incoming Doomsday Machine or Alien Empire. So it would certainly change my approach to solo play dramatically and as it's posted in an obscure old thread, I imagine it's unknown to many, particularly newer players.

I just wanted to check with anybody in the know (apologies talking about you in the third person, Jim, if you're reading this thread ) if this is still considered official after all the this time.....and if so, whether the Living Rules will be returning to a Shipyard for an upgrade to this technology in the future.

Thanks,

Brent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Carried Over CP - 30 CP limitation
Yep, it is still official.

Coincidentally, we are updating the rule book for the reprint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Upshaw
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent Jim my notes last week for what changes need to be made in the next printing of the rulebook that will happen next year according to the current GMT printing schedule.

One of the things that I noted was that the 30 point CP carry over limit needs to be added. Current limit is 30 RP and 30 CPs if you are using the IC/RC rules from Close Encounters. Also you can carry over more than 30 CPs into the next turn to allow you to refit some of your ships, but any CPs over 30 will be lost at the start of the next Econ Turn.

So unless Jim has changed his mind since the last time we discussed this limit it still stands and will be noted as I have written above in the next printing of the rulebook.

Oliver Upshaw
Playtester - Space Empires
Developer - Close Encounters
Developer - Replicators

Editninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BrentS
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys.

Brent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.