3 Posts

Archaeology: The New Expedition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Taking other actions after exploring rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Spider Jerusalem
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is the Explore action the last action a player can take on their turn?

The rules state:

Quote:
Except for the Explore action, the player may take these actions [trade and sell] any number of times each turn and in any order, or choose to take none of these actions on his turn.

I took this to mean that exploring is always the last action possible.
This does mean that a player who decided to explore cannot sell/trade their loot straight away and risks losing it to a sandstorm or thief.

This seemed in keeping with the theme and risk vs. reward mechanics of the game, the idea being that, after exploring the monument, the player can't make it back to town until their next turn.

Having said that, maybe that's too harsh, especially with more players and the risk of multiple sandstorms in a row.

What do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben G
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've always played you could explore at any point during your turn. The explore action only being different from the other actions in that you can only do it once per turn.

I do see how the commas in your quote from the rule book could raise the question though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tarr
United States
Floyds Knobs
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can do it at any point. Nothing in that rules quote implies that it has to be the last thing.

Edited to strike out that second sentence... I can see your point now that I look again.

But you can explore at any point during your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.