Subject: Does this even exist anymore? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Collin Fisher
United States
Hancock
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I picked up KoT a while ago, and am now desperately wanting Power Up, but neither Amazon, Coolstuff, nor eBay seem to want to acknowledge Power Up's existence. Does anyone know where I can get a copy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CollinJohn wrote:
I picked up KoT a while ago, and am now desperately wanting Power Up, but neither Amazon, Coolstuff, nor eBay seem to want to acknowledge Power Up's existence. Does anyone know where I can get a copy?

See here and further down in that thread.
New one to match new KoT is scheduled for 2017.

Re: Will Power Up! be printed as a second edition to fit with KoT 2016?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collin Fisher
United States
Hancock
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Alas! I have screwed myself over again... I bought the first edition of KoT roughly 2 months before the 2nd edition came out with no knowledge of a planned 2nd edition, let me rephrase my question.

Does anyone know where I can pick up a copy of Power Up! First edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Petersen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
What are those!
badge
このていどだな、ね?
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently, 174 have it for trade on BBG, message them and ask if they are willing to sell it to you. I have gotten plenty of hard to find items using this method.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Angevine
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
my toys r us here in canada has alot on the shelves. try them? perhaps online?
tru online for USA doesn't have it...
perhaps .ca can ship it to you? don't forget our money is a fraction of yours

TRUhttp://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=81217936&p...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah i was going to say toys r us in canada as well. If youre desperate i could grab u one and sell it to u at cost plus shippi g to where u are. Let me know asap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
CollinJohn wrote:
Alas! I have screwed myself over again... I bought the first edition of KoT roughly 2 months before the 2nd edition came out with no knowledge of a planned 2nd edition, let me rephrase my question.

Does anyone know where I can pick up a copy of Power Up! First edition?

i need it as well.
If you wait, the people that bought it to go with the newer tokyo will hopefully want to buy the new power up leaving us with a lot of old one needing homes.
Gloom got me this way, as well as a few other games....

It'll work out. Don't panic too hard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So is The NEW Powered Up, with the Shark... is that the same thing as this, other than the Panda?

It says it has 56 evolution cards for King of Tokyo. Are they the same as the original Powered Up, or are they completely different?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe-Sterphone
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
publisher
Customer Service, Translator, Webmaster, Reviewer Contact for IELLO USA
badge
Ask me stuff! I'll help you!
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you're referring to King of New York: Power Up! It has evolutions for the 6 monsters in New York for KONY and KOT.

The new version of KOT: PU will have clarified/reworked rules for the 4 same monsters, and new rules for Cyber Kitty and Space Penguin. It will also include evolutions for these monsters to play in KONY.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Okay thanks. So the shark expansion isn't useful for me, if I only have King of Tokyo, right? That's only for King of New York? I mean it effects the King of Tokyo monsters, but only in the New York game?

I'm sorry, I'm pretty confused about this.

Can you explain it to me like I'm a child, from square one?

By the way, I have the New Edition of King of Tokyo.
So if I have King of Tokyo New Edition, what expansions can I use in my King of Tokyo game?

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe-Sterphone
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, no problem! I will do my best...!

We currently have two base games in the King line: King of Tokyo and King of New York. KOT has two versions, one we released in 2012 (purple box) and one we released in 2016 (5 monsters on the cover).

Both base games have a Power Up expansion. These expansions add Evolutions to the game, which give each monster their own unique deck of powers that a player can obtain during a game.

KONY: PU comes with a Shark and Evolutions for the KONY monsters. Since we had receive a bunch of comments about making KONY and KOT compatible, we decided to include a second set of Evolutions that allow you to play with your KONY monsters in KOT. If you only have KOT, this expansion won't be useful to you until you also have KONY (unless you're super hyped about the Shark).

The old (purple box) KOT: PU expansion only has evolutions for KOT monsters. We are currently working on a new version of KOT: PU that will be compatible with the 2016 version (5 monsters on cover) of KOT. We are also including a second set of Evolutions so you can play with your KOT monsters in KONY. If you only have KONY, this expansion won't be useful to you until you also have KOT (unless you're super hyped about the Panda).

Since you have the 2016 version of KOT, all upcoming expansions (Monster Packs) will be compatible!

I hope that was more helpful, but if you need any more clarification, let me know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also the KoT Halloween expansion, 2 monsters and KoT evolutions and purchase deck costumes. The costumes have the old card back and are not 100% out of the box compatible, but card sleeves are pretty cheap. (No current plans to reprint)

daloester wrote:
KONY: PU ...If you only have KOT, this expansion won't be useful to you until you also have KONY (unless you're super hyped about the Shark).

...new version of KOT... If you only have KONY, this expansion won't be useful to you until you also have KOT (unless you're super hyped about the Panda).

If you don't care about mismatched monster names you could use PU NY with just KoT for the extra Evolution stacks. Same with PU KoT and KoNY.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nokleberg
United States
California
flag msg tools
I'll happily pay $5 + retail + shipping if someone in Canada could pick one up from Toys R Us. (I'm in California)

I just recently unboxed the 1st edition to play with my son (at 4.5 yr he is just now ready) and he liked it so much that I decided to look for expansions. Quickly found out that I was in this unfortunate situation. (Had I known, I would have sold the new-in-box 1st edition and bought a 2nd edition instead)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for your help! I think I'm understanding it all now. I've got one last question.

daloester wrote:

The old (purple box) KOT: PU expansion only has evolutions for KOT monsters. We are currently working on a new version of KOT: PU that will be compatible with the 2016 version (5 monsters on cover) of KOT. We are also including a second set of Evolutions so you can play with your KOT monsters in KONY. If you only have KONY, this expansion won't be useful to you until you also have KOT (unless you're super hyped about the Panda).

This part here. Are these the same KOT monster cards that are in the Shark pack, so you can play your KOT monsters in KONY? And if that's true, will the only difference between the two power up packs (Shark version and 'new' Panda version) be the included character?

I wonder, because I might pick up NY at some point.

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe-Sterphone
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, their contents are completely different! I'll clarify...

KONY: PU has two sets (1 for NY, 1 for Tokyo) of Evolutions for these monsters: Mega Shark, Rob, Mantis, Sheriff, Capt Fish, Kong, Drakonis.

KOT: PU has two sets (1 for NY, 1 for Tokyo) of Evolutions for these monsters: Pandakaï, King, Alienoid, Cyber Kitty, Space Penguin, Meka Dragon, Gigazaur.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Great, okay I get it now!

Thanks for clearing that up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe-Sterphone
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay! Glad it was helpful!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stewart Bushman
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
I do occasionally roll on Shabbos.
badge
Here be Roscoe.
mbmbmbmbmb
I can confirm that they had at least one at the Rockville, MD location of Barston's Child's Play http://www.barstonschildsplay.com/, because I bought it for $18. Didn't check if there were more, and not planning to undercut my FLGS by buying and reselling. If you're in the DC area and looking to expand your original KoT, I'd check out one of their locations.

-S

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We still have a handful at my toys r us in ontario canada

It costs about $30 to send it to USA shipping included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Rad
United States
Florida
flag msg tools

Don't bother looking for the old version. Check out link below. New one comes with cyber bunny and kraken too.

Contents:
- 56 Evolution cards
- 16 Evolution cards for the 1st edition monsters (Cyber Bunny & Kraken)
- 8 tokens
- 1 Pandakaï monster board
- 1 cardboard figure + stand
- 1 rulebook

http://shop.iellogames.com/p/king-of-tokyo-power-up-2017-ver...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RAD_afabube wrote:

Don't bother looking for the old version. Check out link below. New one comes with cyber bunny and kraken too.

Old(ish) thread with largely out of date information anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lustenberger
United States
Lowell
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
The power of customization!
badge
Lelouch vi Britannia commands you... All of you... To play more games!
mbmbmbmbmb
daloester wrote:
No, their contents are completely different! I'll clarify...

KONY: PU has two sets (1 for NY, 1 for Tokyo) of Evolutions for these monsters: Mega Shark, Rob, Mantis, Sheriff, Capt Fish, Kong, Drakonis.

KOT: PU has two sets (1 for NY, 1 for Tokyo) of Evolutions for these monsters: Pandakaï, King, Alienoid, Cyber Kitty, Space Penguin, Meka Dragon, Gigazaur.

I looked at a Dice Tower interview of Iello from GAMA which talked about KOT: PU and it didn't mention having cards for KONY. Is this still a thing? If not, what plans are there to have powers that work with the KOT monsters in KONY?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe-Sterphone
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AbyssalStalker wrote:
I looked at a Dice Tower interview of Iello from GAMA which talked about KOT: PU and it didn't mention having cards for KONY. Is this still a thing? If not, what plans are there to have powers that work with the KOT monsters in KONY?

This was the original plan, but we had to change it since keeping this expansion compatible with both editions of KOT was the priority. Releasing a product that has these cross-compatible Evolution cards is still on the to-do list, but we haven't figured out what that product will be yet!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lustenberger
United States
Lowell
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
The power of customization!
badge
Lelouch vi Britannia commands you... All of you... To play more games!
mbmbmbmbmb
I appreciate the reply, but I am a bit disappointed. I picked up the new version of KOT in anticipation of the new KOT PU allowing me to use all those monsters in KONY. My group finds KONY to be the much more desirable game.

Regarding a future product with these crossover cards for KOT monsters in KONY, how will the Pandakai from PU be addressed since he won't have any KONY cards in KOT PU?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe-Sterphone
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AbyssalStalker wrote:
Regarding a future product with these crossover cards for KOT monsters in KONY, how will the Pandakai from PU be addressed since he won't have any KONY cards in KOT PU?

We'll be sure to include his cards in the future product as well. It would be silly to exclude him!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.