The Hotness
Games|People|Company
The Hotness has gone cold...
A A
United States
Sylvania
Oh
flag msg tools
From what I understand it prevents the placing of an allied tribe.

So is there a way to remove it once its on the map? Or is it there permanently?

What is the flip side where it says "Dispersed Gathering"?

Also what does the -1 mean exactly. I read that it effects the Belgae, but is it an ADDITIONAL -1 vp for them or is it just counted as a negative because it prevents that space from being filled with a belgic tribe?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shonai Dweller
Japan
flag msg tools
It's all in the rules. Someone will quote the correct bits after this probably.
1) Every Spring, "dispersed gathering" counters are removed. Then "dispersed" counters flip to "dispersed gathering".

2) Belgium victory points are not just for number of tribes owned. For each region they control, they also get victory points equal to the control points for each region written on the map. A region with a dispersed counter has 1 less control point (therefore 1 less victory point for the Belgae until it's removed).

Dispersing a bunch of tribes can seriously hinder the Belgae's chances of winning for a couple of years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You can find references to the relevant rule sections by looking up the rulebook's Key Terms Index entry for "Dispersed".

Regards,
Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
danniel mergel
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
as far as I know the only way to get rid of 'dispersed' and 'dispersed gathering' is to wait for winter...

i have a question:
i am use to count the -1 point for the belgic victory any time, but am i right? that is: do you count the -1 point for belgic victory even if the 'dispersed' token is in a non belgic controlled region or ONLY if the dispersed tribe is in a region controlled by belgic?

thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Only when Controlled by the Belgae.

The Belgae gain Victory Points for the Tribes under Belgae Control, as shown by the number printed on the shield in each space. Dispersing a Tribe temporarily removes it from play, so if the Belgae Control the space that Tribe was located in they don't gain the Victory Point for that Tribe; i.e., for each Dispersed Tribe in a space, you reduce the number printed on that space's shield by -1.

If the Belgae do not Control the space they wouldn't get any Victory Points for that Tribe anyway, so the -1 for Dispersed has no effect.

Regards,
Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
danniel mergel
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot, it seems we have misunderstood the roule, ouch! (quite embarrassing :-))
It is nice to have a place where to ask and learn
Thx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Walsh
Ireland
Lucan
Co Dublin
flag msg tools
mb
danni24102 wrote:
as far as I know the only way to get rid of 'dispersed' and 'dispersed gathering' is to wait for winter...

There's also an Event that will do it in Nervii, but otherwise that's it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.