Subject: Permanent Enmity on a Province : Affects ships raiding ships ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathanaël Dufour
France
Lille
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If there is Red permanent enmity stickers in Blue province (on the main board, home port), and Red then attacks Blue ship at Sea. Does the permanent enmity protects Blue ?

What if the fight happens in Blue's home port ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j n
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you have another player's enmity, it's defensive effects apply to all of your stuff.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23766772#23766772
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanaël Dufour
France
Lille
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
lactamaeon wrote:
If you have another player's enmity, it's defensive effects apply to all of your stuff.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23766772#23766772

I know this is supposed to answer my question but I'd like a specific confirmation. I feel like if permanent hostility worked that way, it should be on the player's board, next to the At War section.

There is an advisor in box 1 or 2 that (very minor spoilers)
Spoiler (click to reveal)

allow you to tax another player's money if you're at war with them.

Right now my gf is keeping it every game. Does that mean she gets to steal all my money, just because she has my permanent enmity sticker ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j n
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Pls fix your spoiler tags.

And no, stickers are not in your "At War" section, and do not count for "At War" (offensive) bonuses, only defensive bonuses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruzzo
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Osuniev wrote:

I know this is supposed to answer my question but I'd like a specific confirmation. I feel like if permanent hostility worked that way, it should be on the player's board, next to the At War section.

The player boards and the provinces represent the same place at different scales. The other poster is correct. Enmity in the "at war" box turns into permanent enmity on the province on the main board, so they are obviously equivalent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The ruling was that enmity is global, enmity tokens or stickers on anything you control count toward everything you control. So, for example if you had (Box 1+2 spoilers)
a blue enmity token on a colonial field, three blue enmity tokens on a building site that used to have a structure on it, one blue enmity in your "at war" box, and a blue enmity sticker on your province on the board, that would be six enmity which would subtract six dice from any blue raid against you: your province, your ships, or your colonies.

Note that only the one enmity in your "at war" box could be used offensively at the moment, though the other five would get swept into your at war box during the following winter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Osuniev wrote:
There is an advisor in box 1 or 2 that (very minor spoilers)

allow you to tax another player's money if you're at war with them.

Right now my gf is keeping it every game. Does that mean she gets to steal all my money, just because she has my permanent enmity sticker ?

Some things to keep in mind:
* You are only at war with a player if you have at least one of their enmity tokens in your at war box. If you have their enmity token anywhere else, you are not at war ... yet. (During the following winter, enmity tokens on any site you control move to your at war box).
* In particular, enmity stickers are not tokens in your at war box.
* Most of the time, an advisor can only be used once each year (advisors are exhausted after used, and aren't generally turned back up until winter).
* If a particular advisor owned by another player is causing you significant trouble, you can always steal the advisor.
* And regarding that particular advisor, (Box 1 spoiler)
The Master Thief doesn't let the player take ALL of the victim's gold, only the amount that is being taxed (instead of taking it from the bank). That's probably 5 gold, because of the Tax +2, but it could be more due to other effects. And you have to return an enmity token from your at war box each time this happens, so that power can only be used if you raid the player this game, and can only be used after the following winter (when the tokens move to the at war box), and can only be used until those enmity tokens run out. Exception: raiding a ship makes the enmity go directly to the at war box, so that enmity could be used immediately.

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanaël Dufour
France
Lille
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.