Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clay Stone
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
The combine arm rules 13.6.1c state:

-Note: AFV units that do not meet the combine arms requirements also have their armor and AT factors reduce to zero if they attack or defend against an enemy stack that has combine arms.

So my question is: Will my Armor or AT factor be reduce to zero as well if i'm attacking or defending against anything outside of combine arms status???

ie: Against pure infantry in MCT or Arty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forgive my asking but is there a set of rules released beyond the 9/11/16 set. I have no rule 13.6.1c in my series or AW exclusive rule books.

EDIT: Thanks for that clarification Doug.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stearns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes Joseph if you attack with pure armor afv into MCT then your attack factor is halved and armor factor is zero.

Had this happen in one of my games. Pure armor attacking infantry in a village, normally OCT only. But the attack occurred at night. At night OCT becomes MCT. Changed a lot of things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Johnson

California
msg tools
Actually it is 13.5.1d.

Exception: The strength penalty does not apply if a pure AFV unit(s) are attacking or defending against pure AFV units and neither side meets the combined arms requirements.

Clay the only time it would not apply is if the exception (above) is true. Otherwise the make up of the opposing force has no affect on combined arms modifiers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.