Feudum» Forums » General

Subject: How does it play? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Meeusen

Belmont
Michigan
msg tools
Just wondering if there's been any talk or mention of if we're going to see a play-through or sample of how the game actually plays a la Rahdo or anything comparable. Having the rules is nice, but not quite the same. Thanks.

Edit: Also, just curious in the same regard to the expansions. Especially sight basically unseen, it's more than a little hard to go for those at this point with a big wonder of how much they add vs what the base game already has and which would necessarily work out better depending on individuals' interests.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You won't see a RRT, after reading the rules Rahdo said there was too much conflict for he and Jen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a 30 minute, fully animated run through coming in the next day or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Meeusen

Belmont
Michigan
msg tools
Good to know, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petros Lee
United States
North Potomac
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Geoff wrote:
You won't see a RRT, after reading the rules Rahdo said there was too much conflict for he and Jen.

darn I was hoping we would get one because he said, "I cannot wait for this game to come out! If I were ever to design a board game, this is the game I would design.”

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Brankov
Serbia
Novi Sad
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Peteros wrote:
Geoff wrote:

darn I was hoping we would get one because he said, "I cannot wait for this game to come out! If I were ever to design a board game, this is the game I would design.”

Yes. But imagine that what he said, plus conflict = Truly great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Irek Winnicki
Poland
Lublin
flag msg tools
why so serious
mbmbmbmbmb
and most anticipated question How does it play for 2?
Board are quite big...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Schep
Netherlands
Amersfoort
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Think it will be still really interactive, because getting feudums forces you to fight and the pushing pulling mechanics require you to anticipate what the other player is trying to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Irek Winnicki
Poland
Lublin
flag msg tools
why so serious
mbmbmbmbmb
good point, I hope you're right

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:

Still waiting for this, unless I've missed it somehow...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius
Germany
Stuttgart
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The designer posted this yesterday:

Mark Swanson on kickstarter wrote:
I just proofed the 29 minute animated rules video a day ago. It is rendering at a "rendering farm"...It will be posted soon. : )

Having read the rules as a sneak peak: It looks like a Vital Lacerda game (complex and all elements interconnected) with some conflict added . I'm optimistic that the gameplay can hold up to the art.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Gerdts
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
MAJBrown22 wrote:

It's not a run through. It's a rules explanation.

Just so everyone's expectations are on target.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thorphin wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:

Still waiting for this, unless I've missed it somehow...

He posted in the KS comments that the video should be ready tomorrow (Monday) evening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius
Germany
Stuttgart
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The video is online meeple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beth Nehme
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Why would you add conflict to a beautiful heavy Euro. I'm with Jen. Maybe it's a girl thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bowie
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mb
BNehme wrote:
Why would you add conflict to a beautiful heavy Euro. I'm with Jen. Maybe it's a girl thing.

Although it's Rahdo that hates conflict more. Rahdo disliking it cinched me buying it. There's so many heavy euros that don't have conflict already, I'm excited to finally play one that does!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Knopp
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
Dorfl2 wrote:

Ok, I watched the video and I have some questions.

1.) Would this game be too big of a jump for a group that plays games like Lords of Waterdeep, Mysterium, and Pathfinder: ACG? If it is too big of a jump in complexity, what games out now should I be looking to introduce so that my group can work their way up to this game?

2.) If this isn't too big of a jump in complexity from the previous games mentioned, would the big box pledge be the way to go? Seems like the best deal for the price.

3.) I'm also looking at pledging for Vast: The Crystal Cavern. I know a lot of us probably haven't played Feudum, but how would you compare their complexities? For example, If I'm playing a lot of Vast, and my group start really getting into it, would the jump in difficulty from Vast to Feudum be much smaller, or are they too different to compare?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer my questions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question too for action selection. You have to select 4 action cards. Can you play those in any order?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Gerdts
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
coldkorn wrote:
I have a question too for action selection. You have to select 4 action cards. Can you play those in any order?
Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Efka Bladukas
United Kingdom
Harpenden
Please select region, state or province
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cknopp86 wrote:
Dorfl2 wrote:

1.) Would this game be too big of a jump for a group that plays games like Lords of Waterdeep, Mysterium, and Pathfinder: ACG? If it is too big of a jump in complexity, what games out now should I be looking to introduce so that my group can work their way up to this game?

Dare I say, it would be too big of a jump. Possibly a good gateway into heavier stuff would be Orleans. Then maybe try Voyages of Marco Polo. Once your group got a grip on those, plonk down Terra Mystica on the table. After that - the sky is the limit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.