Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Kidder
United States
Martensdale
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Title says it all. Is she discarded or does she become an old maid or stay with the Republic?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Sinn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
From the Glossary under Regime Change:

REGIME CHANGE - This occurs in an Empire during a coronation (I1) or if you wage a victorious vote (F6), campaign (F9), or Civil or Religious War against that Empire.
Own Empire. Except in campaigns (see next bullet), if the Empire is in your own Tableau, flip it to its other side. Discard any Queens and Vassals but retain all Tokens. If it was a Vassal, move it to your outermost Tableau position as a Republic, rightmost or leftmost depending on if it is east or west. Successfully attacking your own Empire is called a strawman regime change, and is the only way to create Republics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you play enough Eklund games, you will learn that the Glossary often clarifies questions that the rest of the rulebook does not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Jacobsen
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Off with her head!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
If you play enough Eklund games, you will learn that the Glossary often clarifies questions contains rules that the rest of the rulebook does not.

FTFY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie B
United States
Unspecified
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
mooken wrote:
From the Glossary under Regime Change:

REGIME CHANGE - This occurs in an Empire during a coronation (I1) or if you wage a victorious vote (F6), campaign (F9), or Civil or Religious War against that Empire.
Own Empire. Except in campaigns (see next bullet), if the Empire is in your own Tableau, flip it to its other side. Discard any Queens and Vassals but retain all Tokens. If it was a Vassal, move it to your outermost Tableau position as a Republic, rightmost or leftmost depending on if it is east or west. Successfully attacking your own Empire is called a strawman regime change, and is the only way to create Republics.

If I Strawman my own republic does it flip back to kingdom again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Loving Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Follow the Battle Table exactly at the end of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.