Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
WWG Con 2016!!!
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have a few quick questions regarding the solo play...just wanna make sure I'm playing correctly. I've been beat down 11 of my first 12 games by this jerk called Tibus (if that is his real name).

Question 1: if you draw a blue card on Tibus' turn, resulting in drawing another card, and this new card is also blue, do you then draw another card, chaining blue cards together, and resulting in massive amounts of damage? Can you chain 4 (or more) blue cards together?

Yeah, that happened to me shake

Question 2: what was WWG thinking, making the solo variant so ridiculously hard? I think they meant to punish us, cuz we wouldn't stop pestering them for a solo variant during the KS campaign cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ya I think you keep drawing for blues. At least that is how interpreted it and played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmb
From what I gathered, if you draw a blue card, draw another card. If it's a blue card, then draw another card. If this card is blue as well, then draw another card, and so on.

It's as ridiculous as the fan made solo card for Star Realms that makes you discard your WHOLE hand when the revealed card is blue. So much fun when three blue cards are drawn in a row!

I call those terrible designs indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dániel Lányi
Hungary
Budapest
* -Not Applicable-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamegeek.com/thread/1667423/tibus-blue-ability-question

isthar wrote:
Note that if you read the description about his ability carefully...
"The faction ... determines [his] ability for the turn".

I believe you do not trigger the faction ability of a card revealed due to the blue ability.

What is always in effect is the +15 if he has all colors.

I think this settles it. The emphasized part implies you only get one ability each turn, so if the second card is blue, you just keep it. Essentially the blue ability just helps Tibus get cards to reach the 15 damage thing, and get guard cards which defend him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WWG Con 2016!!!
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So then you don't keep chaining them on top of each other?

I wish WWG would let us know whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biggs Larkdighter
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wallwaster wrote:
boardgamegeek.com/thread/1667423/tibus-blue-ability-question

isthar wrote:
Note that if you read the description about his ability carefully...
"The faction ... determines [his] ability for the turn".

I believe you do not trigger the faction ability of a card revealed due to the blue ability.

What is always in effect is the +15 if he has all colors.

I think this settles it. The emphasized part implies you only get one ability each turn, so if the second card is blue, you just keep it. Essentially the blue ability just helps Tibus get cards to reach the 15 damage thing, and get guard cards which defend him.

We've been playing that you keep chaining them on top of each other, but I can now see an argument that you shouldn't chain based on the description quoted above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WWG Con 2016!!!
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok that seems to make sense...so I haven't been playing him right, then...that is actually very good news! Now maybe I have a shot of beating him slightly more often surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Guillemette
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok, this is serious good news. I had been playing that a blue triggers another pull, and whatever that one is, still triggers its ability. So if he got 2 blue and a gold, then he would have 3 cards worth of damage, and heal himself by 5.

I still beat him like this a few times, but was very rough with the standard decks. Character packs (wizard and priest, since I only have the PNP so far) were WAY easier than a standard deck.

Will replay with this new interpretation and see how it goes.
-Matthew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WWG Con 2016!!!
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wasn't satisfied, so I did some research. This, according to Roger the Alien, is directly from WWG website:

3) Yes, you can "chain" blue cards for massive amounts of damage. This is intended- sometimes Tibus hits a massive streak and destroys people: that's his equivalent of "getting lucky"

Sad news for all of us solo fans! cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ragamuffin jojo wrote:
I wasn't satisfied, so I did some research. This, according to Roger the Alien, is directly from WWG website:

3) Yes, you can "chain" blue cards for massive amounts of damage. This is intended- sometimes Tibus hits a massive streak and destroys people: that's his equivalent of "getting lucky"

Sad news for all of us solo fans! cry

Well, WWG answered me via facebook^^

All questions and answers can be found here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1672340/answers-wwg-regardi...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmb
Where is Ian when we need him?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sune Radich Vestergaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Its still not clear to me what happens if:

Tibus draws a blue (cost 5), then draw another blue (cost 5), and then a red (cost 8).

Will that mean that he deals 5+5+8 damage and then an additional +5 damage for the red ability?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WWG Con 2016!!!
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to WWG workers at the convention, yes, that is correct. Straight from the horse's mouth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.