Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Will Mage Knight be rereleased as 2nd edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Code Virus
United States
flag msg tools
mb
I've been thinking about getting this game for 2 years now, but i am affraid that right after I buy it Vlada will announce 2nd edition. Historically they did it with Through the Ages so does anyone know if there is any rumor about next version of Mage Knight?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Zipprich
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CGE doesn't have the publishing rights to Mage Knight, so I believe it would be up to WizKids to announce a new edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilo Force
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the 2nd edition was called Star Trek: Frontiers :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ridley Bojangles
United States
Cape Elizabeth
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love it if CGE bought the rights back to Mage Knight and went all out. Like super pimped everything. I would definitely purchase an Anniversary Edition!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blakflag wrote:
I'd love it if CGE bought the rights back to Mage Knight and went all out. Like super pimped everything. I would definitely purchase an Anniversary Edition!

The game is now 5 years old. No Anniversary edition so far...
So I guess wen have to wait 5 more years for something like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Lauest
Denmark
Helsinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kiloforce wrote:

Yeah, it would be quite surprising if they did a second edition of Mage Knight after that.

Anyway, Mage Knight is pretty much perfect as it is. A few of the base cards were rebalanced in the Lost Legion expansion, but other than that, I don't really see what they could/should change in a second edition.

I suppose a deluxe edition is a possibility at some point, but that would just add pimping - nothing necessary.

I would definitely just go ahead and buy the game now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kévin Perron
Canada
Rouyn-Noranda
quebec
flag msg tools
BlueSwan wrote:
kiloforce wrote:

Yeah, it would be quite surprising if they did a second edition of Mage Knight after that.

Anyway, Mage Knight is pretty much perfect as it is. A few of the base cards were rebalanced in the Lost Legion expansion, but other than that, I don't really see what they could/should change in a second edition.

I suppose a deluxe edition is a possibility at some point, but that would just add pimping - nothing necessary.

I would definitely just go ahead and buy the game now.

I would like a streamlined version of the rules and maybe some change to the components to help remember all those obscure rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
there is definitely room for improvement (there always is).
- The gigantic "fameboard" could be organized better.
- There could be a better solution for 1 million location reference cards.
- The paintjob of the miniatures could be better. Maybe even completely new molds, since the old ones are from the Mage Knight Tabletop and don't fit the artwork properly.
- that the component quality has a huge gap to the top is also nothing new.
and so on... And these are only changes for a possible revised/anniversary edition. A proper 2nd edition could streamline the game a little bit, bring down the total playtime and maybe also the downtime. It would be cool to play MK with more people than just... alone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
I heart Mage Knight, but I would never preorder an anniversary edition from WizKids. I can't even imagine what all they would screw up on a brand new set of components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno
Ireland
Galway
Galway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It'd better not, I just grabbed the 1st ed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Kern
United States
Florence
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blakflag wrote:
I'd love it if CGE bought the rights back to Mage Knight ...

The Mage Knight universe is actually an IP that belongs to WizKids, so that's not likely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lex Major
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Mage Knight + Lost Legions is among the very few games I consider "perfect and complete"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.